Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Already not Blazerless - sort of

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pugsley, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Well, I have acquired an 84 one owner Blazer (thanks Gramps) - only trouble is that it's got the dreaded 305 in it. Now onto the hard part - I realized this evening coming home (while pulling a hill at 35 that my old one did at 85), that this rather puny motor needs some help. Not wanting to open things up yet, and needing to be able to get tags on the $%#@ing thing, I am now wondering - is there any way to bolt on some form of decent power without annoying the smog-nazis? I'm already guessing on shorty headers, catback, ignition and induction upgrades - but even with all this work and money, will it still be a pathetic excuse for an engine?

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

it will be a pathetic excuse for a moter with a bit of money in it.
    grant

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

summit has a set of headers that are smog legal. I am going to put them on my 85 one day. I had the part number, but I lost the email with the part number. If you ask them they should tell you. At least that you could reuse on your next motor, and wouldn't waste any money.

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Kind of what I figured - now what can I do that's smog legal, and won't be a complete dog?

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Most bolt on mods for 305's also work for 350's, so when you get a 350, you can switch them over.

6. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Cool beans - I'll just nose around and see what I can do about the acquisition of a 350 and start building (ALL OVER AGAIN sniff sniff, sob/forums/images/icons/frown.gif)