Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Already searched..... Crossover/highsteering arms.... Need more input

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Batmanjr, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I've been searching on the different styles of the crossover arms and all, Ive got it down to 2-3 options... I would buy from ORD, but they don't do highsteer, just crossover, so that leaves me with avelache, echobit, or rockstomper arms..... Does anyone have any prefrences on these? I've heard rumors of the avelache bending, but don't know if it's true???? i will be going to a WTO hydro setup later on and need these to be durable! Thanks!

By the way, if anyone else knows of a industry that makes good arms, let me know!

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I have heard good things on PBB about Shaker's steering parts; www.shakerbuilt.com . His stuff seems reasonably priced. Just another option, for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

How do you do highsteer with this?
    [​IMG]
    Doesn't there have to be multiple holes, one for the tierod and one for the draglink....?

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

That particular arm isn't set up for Hi-Steer, but he can machine an arm for hi-steer for the same price. This is posted right below that picture;

[ QUOTE ]
    Dana 60 Arms/Hi Steer Available also..just ask...

$100.00 each arm

[/ QUOTE ]

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Use a TRE with a hole in it to put the DL next to the arm.

6. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Thanks I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something... I will write him an email! I'm surprised nobody else has an opinion about this or any input... I know that this topic has been covered, but nobody has ever talked much of quality of the products, just what you need to do the swap! Interesting? Thanks for the info! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I've seen that done, but it doesn't seem to me that this would be as strong as two holes in the same arm..... doesn't that screw with your angles as well? Thanks for the input!

8. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I have D60 crossover/histeer arms from Parts Mike. I am quite pleased with the thickness and quality of work he did. His setup is the tie rod goes from side to side and the drag link attaches into the tie rod. This eliminates problems with angles and stress on the drag link end at the steering arm as the rod end is perpendicular to the ground providing full 360 degree range versus parallel with the ground limiting movement. It also reduces the risk of interference with the engine cross member.

9. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've seen that done, but it doesn't seem to me that this would be as strong as two holes in the same arm..... doesn't that screw with your angles as well? Thanks for the input!

[/ QUOTE ] That is exactly why I went with rockstomper double steer arms (tierod behind axle.) Although I have a 10 bolt not a D60

10. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Check out 4x4Iron.com
    He's got em for a d60.