Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

alright, center bolt intake on older heads

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Sep 26, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

so who has actually done this swap? I think I'm puting the 355 I have in my K5 into my 89 Burb now. But I want to get a 87+ Ebrock performer since it has the rear water crossover I need for my heater setup. So who has modified a 87+ intake to fit older heads? I know people say oh just slot them, but I've never seen it done or talked to someone who has.

2. bleedchevy

bleedchevy Registered Member

i sloted the center bolts, then filled the gaps with rvt sealent, works all right, Holly makes adapter plates so you retain your tbi on older heads, and keep a better seal between the intake and heads

3. S-30

S-30 Registered Member

i just did it about 1 month ago. i had an older 350 that was built up really nice. about 350HP with a carb. i just used a die grinder and sloted the bolt holes out and tried the spot face the intake to match the new angle. the bolts bent a little when i tightened them down put i have had no trouble yet. make sure you use gaskets for a tbi motor though or the coolant will not flow right.