Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

****ALRIGHT GOT ME A MEGASQUIRT****

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hi pinion, Oct 12, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ok im in way over my head, just like in any motorsport forum,i am posting about fuel,and combustion Too make a long story short, i just recently prchased a older musclecar,and it has this system on it....... http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?src=websearch&requestId=ad220e3a05960274&clickedItemRank=1&userQuery=megasquirt&clickedItemURN=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bgsoflex.com%2Fmegasquirt.html does anyone know how to opperate it? It can be tuned via computer. Anyone familiar with this system?? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

rofl /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    megasquirt?

looks like all you need is a serial cable from your truck to your PC and that software you get off that link

hook it up, install software, give it a shot

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Thats right . MEGA-SQUIRT /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif but its bada** , once i figure out how to work the thing........ /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

ANYONE????? Ive seen some real bright individuals in here .Come on, i know we have a winner somewhere. Between the half a million members , motorheads/and gearheads, there has to be someone. .......MEGASQUIRT!!!! ??????? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifBahahah /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I have been thinking of building one of them. In the world of engine controllers, these are dead simple. What kind of problems are you having? Does the vehicle start and run? Did it ever run on this system?

This controller has RS-232 on board, so all you need is a serial cable, a laptop and the free software they provide on their website to communicate and tune. The website actually has detailed instructions on setup, tuning and troubleshooting. That place is your best resource.

Is this a version 1.01 or 2.2?

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I dont know /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Blue85

Does the car run?

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

hell yeah it runs /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif not to make it a double post, but look in the lounge for a pic /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got one of those mega squirters. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Whats up Bobby. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I was thinking 2-3 inches of lift at best .And some 33s.Thats it, and thats all /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. rjfguitar

Aren't you going to sell the blazer? /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

12. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Probobly, if i have it to do all over again, im getting a first gen /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif PSSST , Pop , POP,........grunt grunt ........ ** MEGASQUIRT** /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats right . MEGA-SQUIRT /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif but its bada** , once i figure out how to work the thing........ /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what she said. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

OOOoowww your a peice of work Timmy /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. Blue85

If it runs, all you have to do is hook up a laptop. All of the tuning instructions are on the website.

16. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what she said. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]do you have to look up at her when you talk....about anything? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif