Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ALRIGHT I WANT ANSWERS AND I WANT THEM NOW!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by speed_deed, May 25, 2003.

1. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

WHAT THE HEL! IS WRONG WITH THESE RETARDED TRUCKS!!!!!

I have a K5 and a K10 and neither of them have tailights I need some answers and I need them quick before I get tickets for them on june 2nd and get tired of the trouble and get rid of them.

2. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Break out your test light and go to town. I'd start at the light socket ( check the bulbs), work back to the plug and keep going towards the fuse panel. Sounds like a wire has faulted on a ground somewhere. The wires for the brakes are yellow, green, or brown. I just chased the same monster. Took me 5 minutes, a can of WD-40 and a butt connector. Good Luck. BTW, what's June 2nd got to do with it?

3. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Not trying to be a smart ass here, but with no more info than you are giving did you check the bulbs or the fuse? Check the wiring?

I know its frustrating, but without any other info its real hard to diagnose a issue like that.

4. speed_deed

June 2nd is the date I have to have my good friend the police chief check off that I have them fixed or else I get the fine.

5. speed_deed

Oh yes my friend I have done bulbs all the way around, fuses, and said alot of unmentionable things trying to get this thing to work. Its an ongoing problem that i have brought the all of my fellow ck5'ers here before so I didnt feel like typing the details again.

6. Fletch79

Fletch79 Registered Member

If you get too mad, hit them with a wrench, and decide to part them out, I call dibbs on your parts. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Seriously, it shouldn't be too tough to find your problem with a test light, as described. Don't work on it while you're mad at it. My two standard tools for chasing down an electrical headache are a good reversable test-light, and a volt ohm meter. The meter is used to verify voltage at the load, and set for ohms, extended with jumpers, is useful for verifying continuity on long sections of wire; occasionaly saving panel removal steps. (I always feel smart when I find it right away.)
    If you can borrow a clamp-on ammeter, it will tell you where shorts and ghost drains are in short order.

Let us know what you've tried, and what you've tested.
    Better advice to follow.

Good luck,
    Fletch.

7. sdtPOS

sdtPOS Registered Member

Something tells me the trucks aren't the only things retarded

8. speed_deed

<font color="red">Got a problem?</font> /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

no..its the way you posted your post. I WANT ANSWERS AND I WANT THEM NOW..isnt really going to make someone want to look at it now is it? i know how you feel being frustrated..im always like that with my truck..but posting like that isnt going to help. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. GORRILLA

GORRILLA 1/2 ton status

Just asking, have you checked the hidden connectors stuffed in the frame rails, even checked to see if they are dirty?
    Gorrilla
    Gotta love small town life. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

11. sdtPOS

sdtPOS Registered Member

Yeah I expected to see a "just kidding" after I opened the quite demanding post IN CAPS,and when "WHAT THE HEL! IS WRONG WITH THIS RETARDED TRUCKS!!!!!" came next....well I couldn't resist.

Damn that is funnier every time I read it.

12. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

go to wally world and buy two little flashlights and stick them in there

you wont get a ticket if your lights are stuck on

13. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Worse case is you run a new harness to the rear of the truck... that will solve the issue, PERIOD.

Do you still have marker lights? Do your front turn signals still light? Is it ONLY the rear of the truck that is effected? How much testing have you done with a volt meter on this issue? Do you have power at the fuse block? Do you have power at the harness connector at the rear of the truck? Do you have power at the sockets? Is that grease in there so crappy that its blocking a good connection? Did you check for a good ground? You have rats in your truck?

One of those questions has to answer your problem... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

14. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey there, sdtPOS, do you often go to other people's homes and insult them in the first few minutes? Have you not heard the phrase "first impressions last"? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Good thing you didn't make a stupid comment like that in one of my posts.......... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Paul.... c'mon, like you weren't thinking the same thing. I was. The way he asked was just retarded. I really didn't want to help him when I read that... besdies, GORRILLA already took my answer. What caused the issues in mine to do that same thing...

16. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I guess I was able to look past the silly post title because I know how Eddie's head works. I still maintain that the personal attack was out of line. Like I said, if some newbie goof talked to me like that in a post where I was obviously at the end of my rope I would kick his ass. I'm pretty sure you would too.

17. speed_deed

Good thing some of YOU are able to get over first impressions.

My god I hate being away from a computer 5 days of the week

18. speed_deed

ALright this is going to become a battle over a FREAKING ATTENTION GRABBER!!!! Come on if a guy wants to get someone to read his post he isn't going to let his post just look regular plane jane (sorry guys and gals I was just wanting to know if any of you would quit looking for help yourself and take time to wipe my as$ and help me fix the latest gigantic f#ck up that I have created) sorry guys that is not going to be typed from my keyboard I dont have that cheery upbeat love everyone please thank you total bred in bull$[naughty word] that many people have. If thats what you want to live like so beat it to each his own let the person be theirselves if I'm willing to tolerate all of these common people and keep my mouth shut for gods sake dont cast me away accept me for who I am reach out and grasp me dont hold me over the cliff pull me with all of your might and be thankfull that somebody in this world has the guts to be themselves and not mix into society.

Now let this issue be dropped by everyone accept for me paul and wes if he wishes to chime in.

I need this fix and I need the fix now so are one of you beautiful spirit bottle water drinking no smokes no beer love everybody (accept for people like me) souls going to help me out or am I going to have to go to my least favorite sources?

Sorry I had to vent. I was on a role anyone gonna help me out?

19. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

you would kick his ass over the internet? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Open the hood.

Drivers side underneath the wiper motor you'll see a big square harness with a bunch of wires. It engine bay side actually is 3 plugs into the block. The plug at the extreme drivers side is the small harness for the rear lights. Use your test light on those wires and see if you have power coming out of the block. If you do then the problem is somewhere between there and the back of the truck. A dead short in that harness and a damaged fuse block almost burned my truck down...

I just ran a couple of new wires to the back from the junction block on the firewall.

Rene