Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alright lets see your lighting setup

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FarmRig, Jul 7, 2006.

1. FarmRig

FarmRig Guest

Thinking about mounting some reverse lights on my k10 just wanted to see some pics of where everyone is running lights. Upfront and on the back. Thanks

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My back up lights...

[​IMG]

Rene

3. FarmRig

FarmRig Guest

That looks good. But i have a stocker bumper. Looks like i gotta make one sometime.... Thanks

4. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Do you have a hard top? Do like an under cover cop truck. Mount them off the last bolt; use a flat bar stock and drill two holes in it one for the tops bolt and one for the lights bolt. [o _ _ o] <-- like that from the rear of truck.

5. FarmRig

FarmRig Guest

I actually have a k10. Good idear though Metrodps.

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I still have the ones that came on it already from the PO. On my 77 K10 I had one mounted on the center portion of a two lid tool box, facing backwards.

I'll see if I can find/post a pic of my K5's BU lights

1122AA 015.jpg

7. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Not to hijack,but how'd did you guys wire 'em? I'm about to wire up for mine, and I can't decide if I should put 'em on a three-way switch (on-on with reverse-off) or just a manual 2 way switch (on-off not wired into the reverse switch on the tranny)? Any real world pro's or cons to a particular way?

8. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I would go with just a switch to turn on off that way if you need light to work on another truck behind you you can switch on. Or you get a grass pole behind you with brights on going down the road BAM!!! they get the point real fast.

9. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

The PO wired mine into the reverse lights, they come on when I put it in R. They work great too.. makes a big difference compared to my old K5. I probably would have just wired them to a switch, so I could use them whenever I wanted, .. but I think that I would be to lazy to use them backing up .. lol. This way they're always used.

10. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I run these little halogen lights bolted to my rear bumper. I ran a wire to the bupers to ground them (same spot as the tail lights ground at) and then ran one positive wire along the frame under the cab where it pops in then is run up to the fuse box. I have a fuse in line so I just hard wired it into one of the open "hot" spots in the box. I put an in line switch in and mounted it on my dash. It lights up when I turn the switch on so it makes it easy to tell what their up to. I'll get a shot of the switch tomorrow for ya'.

-Avery

Trig 014.jpg

11. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Here's mine. 6" Hella spot. Hooked up to reverse circuit, but still now workie. I think I have some gremlins due to a trailer lighting socket.:mad:

touch up paint 001.jpg

12. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Rear facing, Wired on a relay setup and not hooked to Rev.

[​IMG]

13. FarmRig

FarmRig Guest

Guys is there anyway you could post them or send them to me email. I cant see them when they are attached like that. Thank you very much though got lots of ideas going but i wana know more bout this lights on the lid of the tool box thanks y'all