Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alright, you guys win... I'm out

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Grieby54, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Not that many of you care, just hold your cheering till I'm out the door please...

I enjoyed my time here, and I really regret that a few people could completely ruin it for me. The attitude in the Lounge has changed from that of an easy, laid back one, to personal attacks left and right. If I decide to come back later, I'll check in to see if the mood's changed back. But chances are I probably won't be back. There are a few of you guys that I've met on here that have just been awesome, and I'll definately keep in touch. As for the rest, and those that hate me, I'll keep you in prayers too. Take it easy and I only wish the best for all of you.

Alright, enough of me being whiney, I'm out of here. Or at least till I "grow up a big more."

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

dont let the door hit ya

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Thanks, bye!

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Did y'all know that Jerry Lee Lewis rocks the f'n house?????????????

:saweet: :saweet: :saweet:

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Well that'd be 2, one more sacrafice and I think we're good...;)

6. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

We'll give you 24 hours..... :D Really, step away from the keyboard, take a deep breath, and just realize that the BS that is going on here is just that - BS.

The lounge has it's cycles of BS - quiet and amiable for months, then a bad cycle hits, everyone gets butt-hurt, mods get pissed/leave quit etc.... After awhile (and some permanent vacations from the site) things usually go back to normal.

Hint: avoid the Lounge;)

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

anyone want to fill me in on exactly what the heck is going on? :confused: I don't think anything in the lounge is more annoying then when a handfull of people start getting all mad and talk about leaving... but EVERYTHING that made them mad is either 1) in PMs or 2) in obscure old posts that no one has read. End result: the rest of us have no freakin clue as to whats going on. Anyway, if anyone actually knows, please put up the details. thanks,

j

8. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

um, look 1 thread down.

9. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

We are not responsible enought to talk about politics or religion here - people getting pissed, mods laying down the law, others trying to help etc.... Things go completely to sh1t when all you have to do is STAY THE FOK OUTA THE LOUNGE :doah: People need to read the stuff they type and ask themselves if that is really how they want to sound/appear.

10. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

i dont have a clue either but i can say that i have learned to just stay away from posting in a thread that has a touchy subject that might go to a bad place if the wrong thing is said. i cant tell you haw many times i have started to post a reply because "i just have to respond to this" mentality only to catch myself and say STOP and sit back and say i dont have to say a damn thing, and who cares, this conversation doesen't even involve me so why interject myself into it only to possibly bring on an argument i dont even want to get into. so i have learned to just move on to other posts where i might be helping someone instead of arguing with someone. if it aint truck related or a funny pic or cool truck pic or just a silly joke or a Q about a part or something i stay away. makes things easier that way. just my .02 cents, have a nice day. :D

11. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

I agree!:bow:

12. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Lounge:

To move or act in a relaxed, lazy manner. To pass time idly. To pass time in lounging. A public waiting room, as in a hotel or air terminal, often with smoking or lavatory facilities. A living room. A lobby. A bar where alcoholic beverages are served. A long couch with no back and a headrest at one end.

I come in here to razz my buddies, make new ones, shoot the crap, laugh, relax, unwind, & act like a general idiot. That's what a lounge is for. The place you go to get away from the serious side of life. For those that are getting bent out of shape I say take some time off and come back after you get your head screwed on straight.

There are plenty of serious tech areas available on CK5. The Garage, Center of gravity, et.

Hey Grieby, your getting yourself worked up over nothing. Take a few days off kid, then get back in here and have a good time.

13. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

lol never noticed anything bad.this is one of the more calm boards im on. way way more mellow than pirate. even bubba is nice and calm here.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

This is where I hone my game because I can't get away with explaining to people on here that their parents were too stupid to realize that the Roe v. Wade decision was meant for them to atone for their mistakes of not practicing safe sex that fateful night..........................:D

15. gauder

gauder Banned

Are you saying some people should have been aborted? ;)

16. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Someone has issues.:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

17. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Aw, geez Bubba, just come out and say it.
    Here, maybe I can help: "I, BRB, do hereby affirm my support for retro-active Abortion."
    :haha: :haha: :haha: :D

18. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I always wonder why folks have to make "I'm leaving so there" posts when they leave. If I ever get to the point where I don't like it here any more, or I am made to feel unwanted, I figure the best course of action is simply not to come back. These kind of posts generally generate one of two responses; either a brusque "See ya" or a "Hey, don't go". I would like to think that when I choose to move on that I will do so with some dignity, rather than hoping people beg me to stay. Whether or not this is the motive this time, I don't know. Appearances can be deceiving, but sometimes that is all you have to go on. Sometimes a little time off to take a breather goes a long way too.

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats it, I'm outta here!!!:haha:

20. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

You can't leave, you owe people beers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.