Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alright You Texans!

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by Corey 78K5, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Gonna be going though Amarillo pretty soon. Anything I should stop and see along the way?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Stop in at the Big Texan and see if you can do the deed.......................

Maybe take a spin down Amarillo Blvd.:haha:

The American Quarter Horse Association is headquartered there. They have a nice museum. If you go, just remember that a certain horse's name cannot be repeated in the Lounge.

By the way, when are you planning on being in Amarillo??????????????

3. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

yeah, what he said :D

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

http://www.bigtexan.com/index2.html

Go get yourself the 72 oz. steak that if you eat it all....it's free.

Look up Mudnmyvayne, member here, he's up north of Amarillo a way (still in TX). Not really sure how you are gonna get to Amarillo, so figured I'd mention.

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

No sh!t that's where that place is? Seen it on tv a few times. I would have probably had some sort of a fighting chance when I was younger but every since I hit My 30's I can't eat as much and I get sleepy when I eat to much. Still yet I always wanted to check the place out so it's on the list.
    As far as when Im in Amarillo is still up in the air at the moment. So how far are Ya from Amarillo?

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm two hours away. If it's the weekend and I'm off, I can get away. If it's during the week, it's a little harder since we're a one vehicle family at the moment..................

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hell bring the wife with Ya. I'm gonna have mine with Me along with My Daughter. It' ain't like We would be hitting some strip joints or houses of ill repute:D :haha: Maybe hookup for dinner or something. Anyways before I leave I'll get Your number and I'll give You mine. I'm gonna have My cell number changed to a OK number before I leave.

8. mudnmyvayne

mudnmyvayne 1/2 ton status

I gather from the other thread that you will be "East Bound" for OKC when you come through.....

Not much to do in the area.

The 72oz steak...not as easy as seems.Meal includes all the extras(like a baked potatoe that resembles a nerf football),bread,appatizers.....all to be consumed in less than a hour. That steak looks like a big roast too....just a little warning.

Stuff is big in texas... You can get a awsome burger that is between 6" & 24" across. Arnold Burger....lil ol greese hole.:doah:

About 1 hr east of amarillo...at Groom. The largest cross in the western hemisphere. Its big,thats about it.

THE BIG ONE....

The last weekend in FEB. About 15 miles N. of amarillo. The biggest action for this area......the West Texas Outlaws Mudbogs/Sanddrags.
    Words cant explain the fun to be had for all types of offroad rigs.I havent missed a year in the past 15. It just gets bigger & better.

Im only 45 min. N. of Amarillo.