Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alrighty guys i need some help, big time

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Dec 18, 2003.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Well please dont give me too much flack for asking a ford question here. Well i whent to top off my oil in the inline six in my f-150, i noticed some froth in the filler cap which is a breather type that hooks to the air filter. I ask some people and they say its normal but check the PCV valve. Well i do that and theres the same froth, obviouse oil and wtter interaction type stuff. Well after dumping a quart into the motor i pull the dipstick and see the same froth. Now heres the confusing part, im not loosing coolant and not over heating, so i dont think its a head gasket. Well any help is apreiciated, the guys on the ford truck websites tend not to know thier ass from a hole in the ground and arent beeing much help.

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Try changing the oil out and seeing if it was just a one time contamination.
    Have you been in any high water recently? Or is there any way that water could have leaked through the breather hole in the valve cover or some other place of entry?
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

well its been realy wet here recently and the ford usually is parkjed in the back lawn. It was low on oil so i was almost wondering is condensation can occour in the oil pan? I guess ill just do an oil and filter change and see if it helps. Thanks

4. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Condensation can occur in the oil pan and in the block. It is always a good idea to make sure you get the engine up to operating temps on a regular basis. This pretty much evaporates any small amounts of water in the engine. If I'm not mistaken, which I could be, I thought I read where you were using a fairly cool T-stat, this also keeps the motor from getting rid of condensation.

Anyway, change that oil, and make sure you drive it enough to get it hot. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John

5. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

im not shure on the Tsat temp but i know that the motor rarely even hits 190* on my aftermarket gage (it only came close when i was towing a suburban whith the truck). Well its been cold and damp for about 2months and as the truck is parked out in the lawn and not been driven much at all im hoping this is the case. Well thanks a bundle for the help guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I'll 2nd what John said. Damp conditions and condensation are causing your frothy oil. Take her for a spin on the highway, get it up to temp for a while and that should help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. mrbill

mrbill 1/2 ton status

your problem was that you towed a Burb with a Ford!!!! Oh Noooooo.... Mother nature is getting back at you /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif