Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Altenator Qustion

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by doonjumper, May 20, 2001.

1. doonjumper

doonjumper 1/2 ton status

How many amp altenator would you reccomend for my blazer with a duel batt set up? I would like to go with a high amp out-put and one of those that converts into 110.

[​IMG]

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

It depends on how you are going to be using your truck. How many electrical add-ons do you have, do you have a winch, lights, big stereo, etc?

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I plan to order up a powermaster 140 amp alt. My main problem is my sound system... especially when lights and wipers are going like tonight... at idle it just doesn;t give enough juice out... The powermaster ig on shell out about twice what the stock one does or a sweets 80 amps [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

4. doonjumper

doonjumper 1/2 ton status

In the near future I plan on getting a winch and stereo system. I was also thinking about the powermaster but wasn't sure if I should go larger.

[​IMG]

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

In that case you might want to go with at least what I have. Its the Powermaster 140 amp small case one. Its perfect for what I have with the Optima battery and all.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad