Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alternate cd player mounting locations

Discussion in 'Audio' started by arveetek, Jun 12, 2002.

1. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

I just bought a Pioneer CD player, and am trying to decide where to mount it in my '81 C-20. I have the stock bench seat with no center console. I never have liked where the stock stereo is located in these trucks.....it's kind of hard to reach and see while driving. Plus, the idea of cutting out the dash to make it fit doesn't thrill me too much. I was thinking of building a box to house it right on top of the dash in the center. I built a console to hold my CB up on the inside roof of the truck, so fabricating something like that isn't out of my skill range. I think I shold be able to make something that doesn't look too awful. My main concern is the heat the unit would be subjected to from being in the sun. But I like this location the best.

Has anyone else done something like this? Where else have you mounted your stereos?

I appreciate any and all comments.

Casey

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Overhead console ??? I think that'd be kewl. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

Anybody else have any comments?

Thanks.

Casey

4. dduckblazer

dduckblazer Registered Member

Tuffy products have over head that will fit CB and Stereo Made for Heep's probly mod it to fit your truck $$$

5. 91K5

91K5 1/2 ton status

Overhead console would be the best I think. I'm not sure but on the dash it might get real hot in the summer and warp CD's maybe? I'm thinking about getting one to mount my CD player and/or CB later on, your right how the stock location stinks.