Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

alternate solutions of sound deadening

Discussion in 'Audio' started by blzn1, Jan 8, 2003.

1. blzn1

blzn1 Registered Member

Im getting ready to install my tunes in my k5 and I am looking for a cheeper alternatinve to dynamat anybody have any suggestions

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

look at my polymeric mastic post.

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

JC whitney sells rolls of aluminum backed insulation. 3/8" thick and a couple feet wide by 6-8 feet long. I cut panels and test fitted them then Spray on glue to the body panel and on the fiber part of the insulation and slap them together. Not as good or solid as Dynomat but a heck of alot cheaper! I had about $75-80 in my whole truck. After I replaced the floor in the rear and welded in new floor pans I painted everything and installed this insulation from door to door, firewall to the tailgate and in the side panels. BIG difference. I did not put the factory insulation back in either, just threw the carpet back in on top of it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    scroll to the bottom

4. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

There are alot of things that will work the same as dynamatt does... One is a spray on undercoating spray they sell at most parts store... I have also heard of people using the tack stuff from roofing (Stuff they put down before applying shingles).. Pretty much anything that will make the panels heavier will do pretty much the same thing...

5. VA-NC-SC

VA-NC-SC Registered Member

My dad works in construction and he got me tons of this real thick sound proof 'curtains' that they hang up in wearhouses to keep the echo down. Anyways, they worked great, it was real dense material, im not sure what it is called but I could find out.

6. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Man I could have sent you some Cascade stuff with your order /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif