Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

#%*@!!!! Alternater

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shawnboy, Nov 29, 2001.

1. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Jun 22, 2001
    Last night just finished running my dog, jumped in the truck, started it and wamma battery light comes on and volt meter goes to three. Got home and popped the hood for a visual. Touched the alt and thought for a moment about frying up an egg sandwich. It was too hot to touch. It was 7 pm. dark and raining. As luck would have it, a little auto electric place down the road was open. The guy had an alt he specially built for a guy who never caame back for it, Ran it on his test bench. At idle speed it put out 60 amps. 140 at top end. Said he needed $100 for it! Canadian dollars. What a deal. I was going to by a green monster but now I don,t have to. 20 minutes later I was back on the road. Gotta love serpentine belt systems.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>
  2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

May 31, 2000
    Sounds like you got the deal of the century! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...