Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alternative fuels can allow us to continue driving our gashogs!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Greenblazer-AZ, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

This subject came up before in another thread where a certain someone attempted to shoot it down. I have found more information that shows that it will work. The upside is that it will allow americans instead of middle eastern terrorist supporting oil barrons to make money! Who amongst you wouldn't rather keep our American dollars in the hands of Americans instead of those in the mid-east, that would like to see us "Infidels" all dead and have the flag of Islam flying over the White House?

Read these Links:

http://www.fuelandfiber.com/

http://www.hempcar.org/

The more you look into this issue the more you will realize that we must go into this for many reasons, both economical and enviromental.

Bio Fuel will allow us to continue driving our rigs, and it will improve our pollution problems. Please don't take my word for it or the word of anyone that would say that I'm wrong find out for yourself.

Here are some quotes from the second link under the "Biofuels Facts"( http://www.hempcar.org/biofacts.shtml )section of that link:

Biodiesel is a proven fuel with over 30 million successful US road miles, and over 20 years of use in Europe.

The Congressional Budget Office, Department of Defense, US Department of Agriculture, and others have determined that biodiesel is the low cost alternative fuel option for fleets to meet requirements of the Energy Policy Act.

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

We should run them off the herb/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif and we thought tailgating was bad now.

3. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue">Awe Jesus .... Here we go again ! </font color>

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Now don't go and blame Jesus... even he is rolling his eyes right now.... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue">Sorry Steph ..... You're absolutely right about that one ! </font color>

6. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

More info on biodiesel here.

From the Biodiesel website:

Biodiesel is safer to use than petroleum diesel. The flash point for biodiesel in its pure form is more than 300 degrees versus about 125 degrees Fahrenheit for regular #2 diesel. Although fires are not a frequent occurrence in mines, they can be devastating and diesel equipment is often involved. Biodiesel can help eliminate that concern. Check out the

Biodiesel reduces particulate matter significantly. The use of biodiesel in a conventional diesel engine results in substantial reduction of unburned hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, and particulate matter. Emissions of nitrogen oxides are either slightly reduced or slightly increased depending on the duty cycle and testing methods. The use of biodiesel decreases the solid carbon fraction of particulate matter (since the oxygen in biodiesel enables more complete combustion to CO2), eliminates the sulfate fraction (as there is no sulfur in the fuel), while the soluble, or hydrocarbon, fraction stays the same or is increased. Therefore, biodiesel works well with new technologies such as catalysts (which reduces the soluble fraction of diesel particulate but not the solid carbon fraction), particulate traps, and exhaust gas recirculation (potentially longer engine life due to less carbon).

Biodiesel exhaust is less offensive . The use of biodiesel and biodiesel blends results in a noticeable, less offensive change in exhaust odor, which can be a real benefit in confined spaces. In fact, equipment operators have compared it to the smell of French fries. Users also report having no eye irritation. Since biodiesel is oxygenated, diesel engines have more complete combustion than petroleum.

Biodiesel does not require special storage. In fact, in its pure form or in blends, biodiesel can be stored wherever petroleum diesel is stored, except in concrete-lined tanks. At higher blend levels, biodiesel may deteriorate natural rubber or polyurethane foam materials. Biodiesel also has a higher flash point, handles like diesel and is safe to transport.

Biodiesel operates in conventional engines. Just like petroleum diesel, biodiesel operates in combustion-ignition engines. Essentially no engine modifications are required, and biodiesel maintains the payload capacity and range of diesel. Since engine changes are not necessary, neither are alterations in mining vehicles or spare parts inventories.

So god hid fuel in plants - Anyone else wonder what else is out there /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. ChevyCaGal

LOL.... yup!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Hey did you see the dude on one of those half hour funky news shows (like Hard Copy) where he used greese like from fast food places to power his truck? He would roll up to these places and they'd let him vaccum out the stuff. Then he'd barrel it and take it home and fill up as needed.... he said it ran great but smelled like french fries... LOL /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue">Did he have to put his truck on a diet ? Did his tires get fatter and get more lift from getting fat ? </font color>

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What's up with all the weed BS ????? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

10. ChevyCaGal

Well... maybe he likes it... but of course he doesn't smoke it... *waves smoke from the air* /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

11. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Cool /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    You wouldn't get me out of the garage till the fuel ran out /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Oh brother. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

13. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Biodiesel is great - except I for one have no intentions of swapping an 8V92 into my ride so I can fight the war on terrorism by caving in to the demands of radicals(!). Ethanol/Methanol is great too - except highly volatile and not neccessarily safe for John Q Commuter to be running in his Volvo.

Here's another, simpler thought - get all the other eco-friendlys to put the bong away, and face up to reality - DRILL FOR OIL HERE and let the Middle East pack sand. There's more than enough here, and as I've noted before, scientists (who aren't in the green lobby's pocket) are finding out that more and more "dead" fields are full of crude again - could it be that all these militant ecology screwballs don't know what the hell they're talking about?

If it's really so much of a concern to you that you have to try and sway everyone here, lead by example - sell the Blazer and get a Valley Metro pass.

14. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

Jesus was alive when hemp was THE material of choice.
    his shoes and clothes were all hemp I bet

15. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue">But over time...lo and behold other fabrics came to exist ! </font color>

16. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

none better though.
    hemp strands are one of the longest natural fibres around.
    imagine the possiblities of parralam beams with hemp fibre vs the tiny wood fibre lengths.
    hemp fibre can be fine as silk and coarse as burlap.
    the best natural rope is still hemp.
    if you care to look at it through 'god' eyes, think of it as one of his greatest gifts

17. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> If you look at it through help eyes ... it's still blurry ! LOL! </font color>

18. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

The best <font color="red">natural</font color> rope may be hemp, but it still sucks - water makes it lose 50% or more of it's strength. Like everything else from the old days, hemp was fine for it's time, but has been replaced by better, sometimes materials - when was the last time you saw hemp rope used vs manila? Manila still sucks, but only loses 35% of it's tensile strength when wet /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I still don't get what all the Potheads are trying to get the rest of us to do. Why the hell would I want to use hemp ??? It's obsolete !!!! I've moved on from the Victrola, I've gone DVD !!!!!! I'm not intrested in Pot products. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

20. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

So we can easily get brain washed into believing every conspiracy someone can think up.