Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

alternative to cutting your dash for a cd player! pics!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by supersize75k5, Feb 24, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I realized I cant be pimpin no decent looking blazer with just a AM radio...

so I got bust on resoring the console and working magic on it. The stock radio will stay as a "dummy deck" and the 6/9's were bolted down under the seats.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

did a little pre runnin/fun driving last night and no skips!

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I like that. Never would have thought of that. Too bad my dash was all ready cut when my truck was resurrected from the yard. I am going to turn that portion of console into my switch panel when I rewire accessories. Looks good. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

I like that! Very nice and clean install! I would do that too, but I use my cup holders to much. Holding all that important stuff, like loose hardware and extra light bulbs. You know, the essential stuff that keeps a truck running!

Kris

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats what I did before I got a tuffy box... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

gotta love how most have no problem /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif'ing every single body panel externally, but the inside is a whole different story.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. supersize75k5

I was going to use a mold of the lid to make a cap for the cd player thus making it stealth when the cap is on. I did it for 3 reasons...

hidden
    if they steel it I dont loose a nice dash besel
    and I get to retain the factory radio as a "dummy deck"

with the doors closed they see no speakers as the 6x9's are under the seats /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

also I "was" not going to cut up this truck /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i wasn't busting you personally...i am the exact opposite..i have no problem cutting my dash up but refuse to cut body metal /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

anyways..yeah i those DAMN thieves really make us good guys work hard to keep our stuff...kinda sucks

8. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I had been thinking that I'm going to make a flip down cover on my dash that will hide the deck and lock shut when I'm not in the vehicle. Hidden and locked down It would be really simple to do as well. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about putting a stereo inside the stock console (so it can be hidden), but when I went to the stereo store (car toys) the guy said that you can't mount CD players at an angle greater than 30 degrees. What type of CD players are you all using in your consoles?

10. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

I mounted a Pioneer much further than 30 degrees for a friend once. No problems at all.

-Chris

11. supersize75k5

[ QUOTE ]
    I mounted a Pioneer much further than 30 degrees for a friend once. No problems at all.

-Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

mine was also a pioneer, most will not operate at this angle, but it does work with my pioneer and my old pioneer I used to have.

I tried it with an alpine and it wouldn't work, as well as a sony.

pioneer works for me though, I like the features and I also dont have a interest or need for real high quality or high end stuff. I would rather put that money into a steel crank kit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

also I get my pioneers at wolly world..aka wallmart so if it breaks I take it back with out the recipt and get another one with the gift card they give me for the return

12. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I've e-mailed several manufactures and they all say their in-dash cd players won't work past a 45 degree angle.

13. supersize75k5

most wont, at least they are not designed to, if they do it is a bonus.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

14. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Pioneer rocks. I've run them since they first came out with cd players. Bought a head unit and 12 disk changer in 93. They're still playing today and will play "burnt cds" which is a "new" feature in other brands. They'll play at any angle. Personally I've had nothing but trouble with other brands (friends' of course I use to do installations) ie. sony=slow, awia=cheep looking, jvc= /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif alpine=overpriced crap.

15. supersize75k5

I really dont have a preference, but the pioneer looked good, and I good get it at walmart, if it breaks in two years they would still tkae it back for store credit, I love wally-world

I just like what works /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. zach78k5

zach78k5 1/2 ton status

I emailed crutchfield to ask the same question and they told me that the new alpines can work at any angle, according to alpine.

17. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I have a brand new Alpine in my Blazer and I love it as soon as I get an amp that works that thing is goonna sound awesome. When i get around to puting something in my truck, Im putting a Pioneer in it. An older one, prolly 4-5 years old. I had it in my Car all last year and never had a problem with it at all!