Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

alternator conv. kit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hammer, Dec 29, 2001.

1. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

I am looking at upgrading my alternator to the 105 amp from summit.<a target="_blank" href=http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?d=11&amp;s=320&amp;p=1151&amp;part=10473>clicky</a> I don't need the 105 amp for anything yet, but I did buy a KC lite bar off ebay a couple months ago and haven't bought lights to on it yet. Has anybody else tried this rebuild kit before and do you like it.

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I dont know about your year model, but my stock 90 alternator is 105 amps. I have a 170 amp alternator on the way to the front porch.
    The stock alternators are a pain to rebuild. The newer CS144 style cases are a sinch to rebuild. But that wouldn't help you much. Are you sure your stock unit is not 105 amps? Id do some more re-search before you by one. Good luck.
    Check out www.powermastermotorsports.com

Still hoping the GOV'T will ban the use of loud stereos with RAP music. [​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

3. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

i have 2 alternators one is a 78 amp that i can't do the conversion on but the other one is a stock 84 w/o ac so it should be 65 amp or less I can't find the #'s on it. Yes I would like the 140 amp or higher but my wife won't let me spend the money for it yet and I really don't need it yet. going to have to pull the one on the truck off to see what it is before i order it

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by hammer on 12/29/01 02:54 PM.</FONT></P>

4. cooker

cooker Registered Member

ohio generator makes awesome alternators direct bolt ins 303 875 6677 talk to gus can also make anything u want