Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

alternator on the pass side?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LKJR, Jul 17, 2004.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

what do I have to do to move the alternator to the pass side? don't think the head has holes in the front of it.

2. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

Mine alt. is on the right (passenger) side -- but the lower alt. bracket does screw into the one threaded hole in that head. If you do fine a hole in your head (so to speak) let me know and I can/will send your some pics.
    Ronnie

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

nope, drivers side has 2, but pass side is blank, kinda weird, really wish they were there. I wouldn't be dealing with this. trying to design a stable mount for my york.

4. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

In that case only thing I can think of is to try and come off of the front one or two exhaust manifold (headers with a spacer) bolts. This is how older non-hole head alt. bracket work when on the drivers side.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

lkjr
    what year is your motor? mu 69 307 had the pass side alt bracket but the 75 350 that i put in had mounts on both sides maybe they changed the styles after that and just had the drivers side.

69k5 /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

When i was looking for aftermarket pulleys for my BBC, i realized the passanger side alternator mount is for SHORT water pump applications, and the drivers side alternator mount is for LONG water pump applications... Not real sure about the differences between SBC pulleys but that was my understanding for BBC's and where the alternator was located.
    Just something for you to think about... It would suck to find everything you need and then go to put on the belt and realize it lines up with the other style water pump. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Also, check march performance pulleys.. they make alternator mounts..
    Part # 20121 and 20124

7. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

far as I know it's a 71, haven't ever ran the #'s