Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

alternator question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 83bowtyblazer, Mar 20, 2002.

1. 83bowtyblazer

83bowtyblazer 1/2 ton status

Has anyone ever installed a dual alternator setup on a K-5?? Just wondering. If so, how much of a pain in the arse is it to install??

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

It's more of a pain than you want to tackle. It's easier (and cheaper) to get a high output alternator and run a dual battery setup. But out of curiosity...what's it for?

3. 83bowtyblazer

83bowtyblazer 1/2 ton status

Nothing in particular. I was just wondering if it was possible. Thanks for the info.

4. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Go for it! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif It's also a PITA to install a lift! It's also a PITA to install bigger tires!! It's also a PITA to do an engine swap to a Big Block!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

The point!?! How much of a PITA is relevant. I just can't understand people on this board discouraging others from trying different mods! Why is it so bad if someone can show you how to hook up 200amps using cheap parts that you may even have lying around??

Oh well; to each his own but I say go for it! I'm going to be running a dual alt set-up when my Blazer gets finished! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Good Luck