Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alternator wiring

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Sep 23, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I just ordered a Powermaster alternator today. The cool thing is its supposed to hook up exactly like the Delco one I have on there now. The not cool thing is the 2 wire connector that plugs into the top of the alternator is old and falling apart. Where can I get another plug at? I haven't seen any at the parts stores, but I've never asked.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I have seen them in the isle that has all the swiches, fuses, etc.... The local stores here, Autozone/Track auto, and Pep Boys, have that stuff. YOu could post on the parts board too. I will see if one of my friends cant pull you one out of his pile of neat stuff. or I could just buy it and ship it to you with a receipt and get reimbused later.

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I'll have to check out Pep Boys. We have one in town, but its kind of far away from where I live so I usually don't go there. I usually go to Advance Auto Parts, but I didn't see any there. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know if Pep Girls doesn't have one.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

No prob. call'em before you go. That way they can pull the part for you. Saves time and if they F$%k up you can go yell at them.

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

You had it right brotha man. Pep Girls had one for under 3 bucks. Thanks

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad