Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Alternators & Batteries

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Apr 22, 2004.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Apr 13, 2004
    I have a set of K&C lights on the front of my truck and i recently put in a stereo.The belts were squeeking horribly so we replaced them.. now its happeneing again and they are all tight belts.. my dad was saying its the bearings in the alt.When i turn on my k&c's most the time it instantly starts squeeking, could this be the bearings? Should i upgrade my alter. to something better w/ a better battery to handle more lights which i plan on puttin on anyways. What would you recommend to get? Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Mike
  2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Oct 31, 2003
    Rub a bar of soap on the belt while it's running, obviously be very careful not to leave your fingers on the belt, but if this stops the squeeling, then the belts may still need to be just a bit tighter.

I have never heard of belts squeeling due to being "worked" i have always heard them "working" though, like mine does now with 1805 watts of light installed.