Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aluminium fuel line.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dodgetruck91, Jul 15, 2004.

1. dodgetruck91

dodgetruck91 Registered Member

Hey, just looking to see id anyone hahs used that aluminium fuel line that jegs sells? it comes in a 25' coil and i want to run it in my truck.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I know people run it, but from what I've seen, it's not a good idea.

Aluminum will fatigue pretty easily. Besides that, anywhere it touches metal (frame, clamps, etc) it will corrode, which will weaken it.

I believe your local autoparts stores should carry steel line that is hand bendable.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I ran the 1/2" aluminum stuff (got it from either Jegs or Summit) for about 5 years with no issues. It's easy to shape and flare. The biggest surprise you'll need to prepare for it the cost of fittings. The fittings average $3~$4 each and it will take 2 or 3 pieces to make one junction so it gets expensive quick. I had feed and return lines on my truck so I easily had $150 in fittings only.

I later found out that the aluminum tubing sold at refrigeration supply stores is basically the same stuff, cheaper.

4. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

I bought my alum. fuel line for a $1 a foot. I never had a problem with it. I used rubber lined metal clamps to secure it to the frame every 4-5' and never a problem. Instead of fittings, I just hooked everything up with high pressure rubber hose and clamps.

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I used rubber lined metal clamps to secure it to the frame every 4-5' and never a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i used it to plum my entire truck when i went to TPI. it was awsome to work with and i would recomend it. but it did use compression fittings and AN fittings on my entire system, it's a little pricey, okay alot pricey but it is real trick