Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aluminium Radiators Where to buy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84CUCV, Jun 30, 2005.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Is there a good place online to get one?? The place by me wants a arm and a leg. Not looking to spend 430 on one. Its for a 80 3/4 ton p/u with a 350. Thx for the help as always. mike

2. icer97

icer97 1/2 ton status

I bought a 19x31 Afco racing radiator and put in my truck. Gave $180 for it and paid another $30 to have some aluminum brackets tig welded to it. Cools nicely. :D

3. icer97

icer97 1/2 ton status

Oh yea, this was with out a cooler. But I relocated my cooler in the bed of my shortbed with an electric fan set up. But you could even just add an add on cooler, no problem.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

summit has some inexpensive ones. All aluminum, 1" tubes, 2 row etc. Think they are $160-180. AFAIK they don't have a provision for transmission cooling, but thats prolly not a big deal unless you live somewhere cold as hell and/or don't want a seperate trans cooler.

j

5. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

its been discussed before, in radiator trans cooler is a good idea. Helps warm up the trans and keep it at a good constant temp(try anyway, supplemental cooling helps for heavy use). I have a really nice radiator from Summit, something like $200 shipped. But it has no cooler provision so I bought one from Jags That Run for about $150. Replacement Corvette radiator. Its only a one row unit but has the cooler provision. Up in the air about it. Only ones witht he in rad cooler I could find on Summit were something like $300.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, I've heard the arguement before. I'm not 100% sure its a big deal in mild-temperature places like Vancouver, WA. I mean, the cooler is mounted right in front of the radiator... won't it get some heat off of it? it is radiating... right? lol! Even if it didn't... how much heat is transfered right at start up... hard to imagine its much at all. Seems like if ya started your rig up and let it warm up for 5 mins or so before ya used the beast that you'd be fine. :dunno:

j

8. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

THX again guys! mike