Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aluminum Door Panel Trim

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by daleearnhardt01, Dec 28, 2002.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Did a search but didnt find anything on the topic. My aluminum plate at the pull strap is all bent and messed up. Im goin to order one from ChevyDuty. Whats involved in taking the metal off after I take the pull strap off the panel? Thanks for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Dale fan

Dale fan 1/2 ton status

It's been awhile but i think they're held in with clips. You should be able to look at the new one when it comes and get an idea. By the way, nice Jimmy, mine would look identical only it has a bowtie. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mattyblazer

mattyblazer 1/2 ton status

I think I had to take off the panel and there were hollow sheet metal nuts on the back of the trim with plastic studs, I got mine from the dealer last year for around $26

Good luck
    -Matt

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

They are held on with the "one time use" clips.

Before you take them off- make sure the new ones fit. Some of the aftermarket pieces won't fit with GM doors- you have to buy there door panels. LMC I know sells both...not sure about chevyduty.
    the pull strap should have to "clips" on the outside- at both ends..you will need those too!

Brandy

5. mattyblazer

mattyblazer 1/2 ton status

Well the help section at most auto parts stores has the bolt cover clips for the pull strap, no need to special order them.

-Matt