Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aluminum Flat bed supplies?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I am going to build a aluminum flat bed for my K5. We dont do that much work with Al at work. so where can I find a good supplier (cheap) for materials. bedides the tubing and channel I am looking for the aluminum tongue and groove planks for the floor (have seen them on omaha etc beds)

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Cheap and Aluminum do not belong in the same sentence...especially when you're talking about custom extrusions. A lot of larger companies have their own extrusions made...which makes perfect economic sense if the volume is there.

Good luck!

Rene

3. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

I realize that its not something that I am going to but together for $200. We only have one supplier at work for our Aluminum, so I figure there has to be someone with better pricing. I can shop around for most of it on the internet....just cant find the T&G decking anywhere. The stuff cant be too special every hillbilly bed mfg on the net is using it.

4. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

Still looking....anyone have any leads?

5. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

one place you might try locally is a trailer repair place, or a trailer manufacturing place, see if they have any scrap pieces, they usually sell it by the pound, good luck

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I know a bunch of them here in the west but they will be no good for you back east /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif