Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

aluminum head, stuck open valve, best way to unfreeze it ?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by R72K5, Sep 14, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

casting number 10048651 2.8L/3.1L early 90s cylinder heads- i got pair of these heads from a 2.8L front wheel drive engine to put on the 3.1L in the 92 cutlass

but anyways, the 2.8L engine was outside int he rain for a few months which caused water to sit in the intake ports and welloneof the intake valves is stuck open pretty far and has grass and stuff in it, i have dried the heads out and off pretty good with compressed air and am thinking of taking two five gallon buckets full of diesel fueland soak the hell out of the heads

who has doen what in the past to clean up heads that have water damage ?

these are aluminum cast heads, so..

again, i get myself into the craziest deals/situations, this is just another one of about 1.5 million of them for this year alone, heh

thanks for anything

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You're bringing us down with all this tech stuff /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    You're bringing us down with all this tech stuff /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, so i need to post more then?
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    haha, ghostrider, oh boy...... lol
    i think someone needs some /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

:P

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

You're ruinating the ambience in here with all the tech stuff /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. You've got to be talking straight nonsense and yahooism and real stories from the drunken yahoos.

There's only one thing that's 12" that can be talked about run these parts, and it ain't tailshafts...... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    You've got to be talking straight nonsense and yahooism and real stories from the drunken yahoos.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm...

heh, well,,... then i have to say that i cannot comply with that since probably more than 95% of anything i post/talk about is always automotive related somehow or other,
    my life revolves around vehicles and parts and mechaniclaly related subjects/issues cept for sleep and food and any other necessities,
    basically if im not near, or in(like in engine compartment or in a cab, etc) or working on, or talking about vehicles and/or parts or anything mechanically related then soemthing is really, really wrong.. i take no time out for anything else in life, cuz well there is nothing else to do where i am at. unless i want to sit and watch cornfields and farmers all day,
    therefore thanks to this one lifestyle that i have always known i cannot think of anything else to talk about except soem kind of vehicle related discussion, if it has nothing to do with vehicles then im just not interested.. at all, in which i suppose is probably why im still single and not living a more typical life that someone my age would be living, hmm..

not to come off as sounding like a 100% serious individual or anything, in which i target to not be and when i happen to not be doing anything mechanically related then im definitly not serious and am pretty goofy and/or crazy /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif you should see all the things i get called when i get on messengers, anything from loopy fruits to crazy to all kinds of other things /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif but when ive had tons of coffee like everyday during the winter months and am at the puter thatswhen im really crazy, well in person also, but well not many ppl are around in the winter, so... heh

dunno... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

crazy huh ? or ?

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

oh, and i think maybe we need an off topic board for mechanically or electrically related subjects that really dont have anything to do with repairor service, or with GM trucks, and any that are not 67-up etc.

right ? or ?

hmm....

got no where else except in O/T to post half the posts i create on the forum, heh

now do i ?

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I think that is what the garage is for. Seems like anything mechanically related fits there.

10. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

Or the 'other rides' section maybe

11. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Or the 'other rides' section maybe

[/ QUOTE ]

well you are welcome to post it ther but for a fast reply put it in the 73 to 91 k5 part A lot of tech people look at that spot good luck

12. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I believe he is trying to post about non k5 related stuff. Other rides would work for that I think.