Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aluminum intake gasket

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Liberator, Dec 22, 2001.

1. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

Jul 16, 2001
    I'm putting on a Performer Intake but have a question about the correct gasket. Edlebrock calls for Fel-Pro part# 1256 with open exhaust crossover ports. The only gasket I can find locally is Fel-Pro # 1205 without exhaust crossover ports. Can I use the 1205? Will closing the exhaust crossover port affect performance or damage the engine?

If it breaks, it wasn't good enough!
  2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    I don't know what type a 1205 is bu ti know they tell you NOT to use the permatorque style, the 1256 is i believe a neoprene based gasket, i know you could get it from summit, thats where i got my last one, also use rtv for the end seals instead of the ones they give you, as for the exhaust cross over, if you have egr it will effect that having it closed, also it won't warm up as fast, that flaper on the passenger exhaust manifold closes when its cold and sends exhaust gas thru the crossover to warm up the carb and choke. so it can have an effect ya.

Leland aka RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"
    "Are the voices in my head bothering you?