Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aluminum lift blocks, need info!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nrose07, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

Hey guys I just purchased a slightly used Skyjacker 4" lift and it came with 3.5" aluminum shimmed block. I found out that every one makes them out of cast iron now, but I'm not too concerened about strength. These blocks are forged, what I need to find out is if I'm going to be sitting level. Does any one have a slighty older Skyjacker lift with these blocks? Wondering if I shouldn't find some regular 4" blocks. Thanks, Matt.

Displacement, cubes, and did you say you drive a riceburner???

2. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

i also had concerns with aluminum lift blocks so i bought the cast iron ones. of course less than 2 years later they broke in half so i now have solid steel custom made

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

You will not sit level. You blazer will sit at least 1 inch lower in the rear. If you want to use those blocks I would recomend a 1 inch add a leaf. I will sit about level. I have a 4 inch lift in the front and a 6 inch in the rear. With my top on and all my gear it sits almost level. It sit about a half inch higher in the rear. It look better than sagging in the rear. Im using tuff country sprins, so they are softer though.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

4. chevrules

chevrules 1/2 ton status

I myself do not like the aluminum blocks,over a period of time (1 year or less),they start to oxidize from sitting on the steel spring perches.They will just break as will cast iron blocks.I prefer new lifted rear springs but of course they cost a lot.