Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aluminum rim help PLEASE

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bad_bo_ti, Mar 2, 2004.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

i just sold a set of weld alum. rims 6 lug on ebay, shipped them out and the guy emails me and said one rims has the holes messed up and would take a 7/8 hole to fix it. what can be done to fix this, i dont want to screw the guy but yet i dont want to have to get the rims back. thanks, chris

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Call Weld Racing and see what they have to say about warranty's, etc. Maybe they can fix it for cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I put a scratch and gouge in one of my welds and they told me that they could repair it for $100. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

well i called them and they said there is really nothing that can be done about it other than some inserts put in, they are sending me one so i can send to the guy and see if they work. if anyone gets any ideas let me know, i was thinking of a shank lug nut of some sort that you could drill the rim out and the shanks would seat the rim. i dunno. let me know what you guys think. thanks, chris

5. rjfguitar

Maybe I'm missing something but what is exactly wrong with them?

6. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

the wheel stud holes are screwed up

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I put a scratch and gouge in one of my welds and they told me that they could repair it for $100. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent back my 16.5 x 9.75's to get them polished by them since the wheels had gotten pits, small scratches, etc. in them and they charged only $80 to fully polish 4 rims to new condition. I was very happy with them. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent back my 16.5 x 9.75's to get them polished by them since the wheels had gotten pits, small scratches, etc. in them and they charged only $80 to fully polish 4 rims to new condition. I was very happy with them. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah, they told me $100 to repair a rim no matter whats wrong with it. Sounds good to me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Welds are expensive at first but they have great customer service, warranties, etc... unlike any other rim manufacturer. Reminds me of snap on or mac tools, expensive at first but great service. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    the wheel stud holes are screwed up

[/ QUOTE ]
    You already said that! What is it that is wrong with them. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif did you leave the lug nuts loose and it wallowed out the holes? What is it?

10. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

yea wallowed out