Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Aluminum wheel polishing ideas?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scoutillac, Apr 1, 2004.

1. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

Hey I know there are some pretty trucks out there. I now have a set of extremely wintered Boyd aluminum wheels that need attention. Do you have any ideas for a drill powered polisher? Something that will get into all the hole and stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. PROFESSORSK5

PROFESSORSK5 Registered Member

You might want to try a product called Semi Chrome polish or if you can't find that get on the net and look for a polish called Wenol and get a tube of the red and a tube of the blue. I used both of these products on my 589's and people ask me if they are chromed. I think that you should be very happy with either of these products. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Go to a truck stop and look for polish there. They always have the best stuff. I would suggest "Wicked" metal polish if they have it. It is by far the best polish out there and you hardly have to use any elbow grease with it.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

6. blaznjon

blaznjon 1/2 ton status

Eastwood and a couple other restoration places sell buffing suplies you can chuck up in a drill.When your done buffing,or if you want to try this before hand.Go to eny shop that does custom harleys,get Ouator pronounced water metal polish.this stuff looks like cotton candy.works Awesome.Jon

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

A big fawkin' buffer does it for me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Don't bother with SimiChrome, Mothers, or anything you can usually buy at your local shop. Go with a kit that has some buffing compounds like the Eastwood kit, or this one:

Caswell

I had some Alcoa's that were dulled out big time. I went through just about everything until I figured out the age old adage that you get what you pay for. Either in money and/or effort. I finally went to a shop that specialized in polishing metals. The guy was really friendly and kicked me down some compounds for free. He said that I could get them online too. It was a messy sweaty job, but when I got done, they looked brand new. Just a couple of rouge compounds, some buffing wheels on a drill, and they will look spiffy. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif