Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

am I a bastard, or just dishing out the just deserts?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

so, I'm on my way home tonite at like 130 AM, after helping a girl wiht car troubles get hers home ( gotta love having dual batteries... just pull one out, and drop it in their car, and follow them home) I'm just rolling down Baseline, taking it easy, listening to the growl of my motor, when a brand new Corvette pulls up beside me, and starts reving, and speeding and slowing... I figgure the guys prolly drunk, but oh well, he wants some of this, fine... I know something about this road he doesn't... so, I drop a gear, and uncork the sleeping 468 cubes of screaming monsterous bigblock power... he of course in turn blows my doors off.... 7 seconds later I'm laughing my ass off.

now stick with me for a second... I need to paint a mental image for you. rolling down a nice 7 lane road (3east, 3 west, 1 central turn lane) street is me, in the inner most lane. my truck is ugly, has rust spots, poorly matched paint and bondo, grease marks from the earlier brake project, and engine projects of yestermonth, an incomplete exhaust system, but purring like a bottled tiger. in the outer most lane, picture a silver corvette... the latest reversion, low slung to the ground on wide tires that look like they're painted on the rims for having such a low series, no top, 2 guys sitting in it, speed past me, then slow down....

with that said, why was I laughing?

A: he was stupid to race me in the first place
    B: I think I saw sparks when he hit that terribly uneven railroad crossing
    C: officer friendly was waiting down the street for him
    D: all of the above

I'll let anyone who wants to give it a guess...

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I would have to go with D and yes, you were dishing out the dessert menu.

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    Official Colorado K5.com Fantasy Football Choke Artist!<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1>http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1</a>

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I have to say B---

we had a 'vette and those railroad crossings were h*ll.. along with Vermont speed bumps (frost heaves for those that done know)... I was pulled over once, for suspected DWI, for swearving, in the middle of town- we only have 1 street light- so its not a city..... cop was all hyped up, 4pm friday afternoon, thought he was gonna get himself a DWI-- I politley asked him to get on his knees... (he looked at me funny).. I said, officer, just look under my car- so he did... then I said, now turn around and look at that man hole cover... he did, I said do you see anything? again he looked at me.. I said, sir I truly was only dodging that man hole... if I brought this car home with a scratch, shimmy, or squeak, my husband would have me sleeping in the garage.... needless to say, he appologized, and walked back ot his car LOL

Should have seen his face when I said, "officer could you please get on your knees"... HA!
    Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Should have seen his face when I said, "officer could you please get on your knees"...

<hr></blockquote>
    He probably thought he was gonna get the "Blonde breathalyser" from you...[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

5. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Hee Hee ! "D" - All of the above! (I especially liked "C"). I would have done the same thing!

behemoth K5
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool -
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

6. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Hopefully "d" I would pay to see the entire thing on video.
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

7. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

the answer is D... the cop may not have been specificaly waiting for him, but after he whipped around the street corner, I saw a marked police car jet in from the other side of the intersection. he may not have been pulled over by the officer, but I have my suspecions... apparently its a bad thing to `lay a little rubber' and `not stop for corners on red lights' which is `heavily frowned upon' by `the police' or something like that.

one of these days I'm going to get a whoopin from Karma and Fate in a tag-team, Chair-wielding royal rumble....

-Rich

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

What's the deal! Why do people love to race big heavy 4x4's? I get that all the time! Sports cars and crap! What, do they need an ego stroke or something?

<font color=green>Can't sleep...the clown will get me</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

this was even worse then a big heavy 4x4.. this is a run down ugly ass 2wd saggy spring suburban... the only thing its got going is a 454 thorugh cherrybombs... ( granted, I can beat ricers with it, but who can't? I get about a 60% success rate in informal street races, average) its even worse in the K20 sub... people pull up under it all the time, and try to race me in it. before the timing chain slipped a tooth, I'd race them just to screw with them, and piss them off the few times I'd manage to do decently.

such is the life of a 4x4 vehicle I suppose...

-Rich

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>