Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Am I a trader??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cliffy, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Cliffy

Cliffy Registered Member

So can I still hang here with you guys even if I finally got rid of my 72 Blazer after it's 3rd MAJOR tragedy?? (Theft this time) thus once again preventing me from finishing the project while in the last stages of it)

PS: I own a '78 ScoutII now

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Calling you a traitor would imply we only care about what you drive or work on. Our 'rides' may be what brings us all here but friendship etc is what brings us back. Plenty of guys here have non GM rides. Capman2K has a Scout too, 55Willy has a Willy's project... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

I hope you have better luck with the Scout than you did with the Blazer!

Rene

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

When I first registered on this site, I had never owned a Blazer before. I wondered if everyone here would accept me or not since I only had and drove regular cab trucks. I just went ahead and registered and hoped for the best.

Turns out on this site, everybody accepts anybody, regardless of what they drive. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

BTW, I think Scout II's are bad ass especially the '82 years. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Scout's are sweet!!!

5. thatK30guy

I agree!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif I just love the Scout II's though. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

dude.. please... dont go anywhere else.. you dont have to own a blazer to be a blazer fan man!!!

7. thatK30guy

Don't worry, I'm not leaving this site nor do I plan to. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

The only way to get me to leave this site is if Steve were to ban me like I did on the POR site. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif (I doubt that will happen here though /forums/images/icons/wink.gif)

BTW, I know everybody here too well and it would be just too hard to leave everybody. It would be even harder to go to another site and try to learn about everyone again. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

ColoradoK5 is my family!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. fender

fender Registered Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    BTW, I think Scout II's are bad ass especially the '82 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

1980 was the last year that International built the Scout.

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hell yea man! when i joined i owned nothing lol..but then i got my blazer..not the best one in the world by FAR..but its a start! this sight is AWESOME in that they make everyone feel so welcome..and i have learned a TON of info hear as well..CK5 RULZ /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Bryan

10. thatK30guy

You sure? I could have sworn it was '82. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Anyways, I love that last year they made them because of the rectangle shaped head lights. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    55Willy has a Willy's project..../forums/images/icons/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    It's a Blazer if you close your eyes.... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    TBI 305...
    sm465...
    14 bolt rear...
    8 lug 10 bolt....
    77 Blazer frame.... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

heck, even the floor panels are Blazer pieces,LMAO!!!

12. thatK30guy

I did some checking for some Binder sites and found one where they list the Scout II's up to '80. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif You're right! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

13. Cliffy

Cliffy Registered Member

Well if I think hard enough...ah heck I still don't know what it'd be. Lets see......14bolt rear (detroit) D44 front (open) It'll have a Caddy 500, Th400 out of a Jeep, and a D20 from the same. Hmm oh well. At least I know I can still come along on runs with you guys then. Anyone going to MOAB early sept???

14. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Are you a trader? I don't know. It depends on whether or not you trade parts very often. But I do think that selling your Chevy for an IH makes you a traitor! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Sorry, just kidding...

15. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

if you got rid of your blazer for a lowered civic with a 5 inch exhaust, i'd call you a trader.
    but i've seen some very cool scouts and it sounds like yours is going to be pretty sweet

16. ratpack7

ratpack7 Guest

My brother has a 73 Scout II and there close enough to Chevys for you to still be in this group.
    In fact he is thinking of puting Blazer axles under his with a spring over.
    check out http://www.binderbulletin.org/ it's a board much like this one for IH.

17. ratpack7

ratpack7 Guest

"At least I know I can still come along on runs with you guys then."
    Theres a group of guys here in Utah that own Scouts And full size chevys that go to moab every year.

18. ratpack7

ratpack7 Guest

Sorry for the amount of posts...
    But I just talked to my brother and he asked why you are going to get rid of the set up you have?
    he said the 345/727/D20 set up is a crawling MOFO The 727 Torqueflight is a bullet proof trany and so is the 345.
    he has 304/727/D20 3.53 and he out did a Heep set up for Moab. The Heep 327/TH350/NP205 full size axels with 4.11
    The heep guy thought the scout was geard lower but it was the Torquey 304 IH motor and the 727 Torqueflight.
    They were trying to climb a lego ( a cement block 2'X2'X6' that they use as wall blocks )
    and heep couldnt get on top of it just kept spining the tires and broke his drag link. My brothers Scout just rolled up to the block and over.

19. Cliffy

Cliffy Registered Member

I am aware that the 345/727/D20 setup is a good one. But ask your brother what he knows about caddy engines?? If he doesn't know much about them tell him to check out these sites and get power specs on them.

http://www.cad500parts.com/ &lt;---CAD Company
    http://www.500cid.com/ &lt;----MTS(Maximum Torque Specialties

I used to race caddy engines and they make MASSIVE POWER at VERY low RPM's

There's no way I'd get rid of a caddy engine in favor of a 345. Plus my 345 needs rebuilt (or heavily tuned) and there's no way I'm gonna put the money into the 345 when I can put it in the caddy engine I ALREADY have. Plus with my caddy engine I already have port matched intake and heads with oversized swirl polished valves and a SWEET shaft rocker assy.

Anyway caddy's rock. If you know know FIND OUT for yourself!!!

20. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue">Scouts are cool ! ....... and it's traitor, not trader. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif </font color>