Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Am I being a complete a$$hole?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AZPiNsTrIpEd, Feb 26, 2007.

?

Am I wrong for doing this??

1. Yeah, having a baby in a bachelor pad is not that bad!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I would have done the same thing

89.4%
  3. I'm nekkid eating cheetos

10.6%
  1. AZPiNsTrIpEd

AZPiNsTrIpEd 1/2 ton status

Ok so here it goes:

Me and two other roomates have been renting a four bedroom house for the past year. All was fine and dandy until one of my roomates told us his girlfriend was knocked up, since then it has all gone down hill...

Now she's 5 months along and pretty much never leaves our house (no job or friends). This wouldnt bother me if she actually did her dishes and picked up her $hit in the bathroom. This had been bothering me for a while and it all came to a head the other day. I came home and they were painting our spare bedroom to turn it into a NURSERY:eek1: !!!!! My roommate never said one thing to us about what his plans were for the baby, he just assumed we would be ok with them raising a baby in a bachelor pad:confused: . So my other roomate and I had a talk with him and said that we think this isn't a place to raise a baby and they should start considering other options. I felt like a jerk telling him that but that is pretty damn inconsiderate of him to just ASSume.

So my question is: Since this guy is one of my closest friends, am I a complete d!ckhead for telling him to move out??????????????

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I dont understand how they would think other people would want to deal with a baby? I mean middle of the night crying or what have you... Out of curtousy he should be moving out...

3. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

You said what had to be said.

On the other hand they are both most likely scared and confused about their situation.

In the end you did what I would of done, you saw the situation getting out of hand and you nipped it in the bud before it got any worse.

Life is full of decisions that suck, making decisions you feel are right does not make you an a$$hat.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

You shouldn't have to alter YOUR lifestyle because HE'S having a child.......

5. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You did the right thing by letting him know now. It would have been a lot tougher 4 months down the road. I just can't believe he didn't know that he should have found a place for them as soon as they found out... painting the extra room already, WTF!:haha:

6. AZPiNsTrIpEd

I know thats what I was thinking, and even if she wasnt pregnant, eventually I'd get fed up w/ her $hit and blow up on her. Needless to say I'm not a big fan :haha:

7. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

No matter how well you know the guy, he was out of line to just assume you'd be ok with them just going ahead with painting the room..

If he's mature enough to be making babies, he should be mature enough to realize that everything about his life will change, and his friends aren't obligated to suffer with him...

8. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

No, your buddy is way outta line.

9. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I'd support your decision. You have no reason to be subjected to their lifestyle change. If allowed to persist, I'd forsee them almost expecting some 'help' from you and your roomate.

Plus having a little one around puts a damper on the bachelor pad shennanigans ya know? :D

10. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

unfortunately maturity doesn't have much to do with making babies.....

but I feel like he did you wrong by not at least talking to you about it before hand. But on the other hand if you do feel he is a "best friend" try to help him out in other ways, I would try to encourage them to stay together, as when the dad gets away from the daily responsibility of the child a lot of times they head in other directions. She is probably scared ****less about the whole thing and is relying heavily on his judgement for direction through this.

11. AZPiNsTrIpEd

She is definately relying on his judgement, but I think he's the scared one because I think deep down he doesnt want to be with her.

12. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

You did nothing wrong. He should have asked you guys WAY before hand, and he shouldnt have let her even "move in" with you guys in the first place. As far as him not wanting to be with her, he better get his head out of his ass and grab ahold of the situation.

13. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

got to run with the can man on this one

14. 1-tonmudder

1-tonmudder 1/2 ton status

You should have kept your big mouth shut.

And done stuff to make them want to leave.Like having loud sex.walking around the house in your underwear,belching and farting.Not raising the lid,or leaving a big log floating.:D Seriously(sp)though you did the right thing.

15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you were right to tell him before it got worse.i feel bad for the both of them.if he's not really wanting to be with her, it's gonna be a looong hard road.he prolly felt comfortable enough with you guys that he could stay and you wouldn't mind.and he might not be able to offord his own place.BUT,you play you pay.

16. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yep, wrap that rascal

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

:waytogo: ell yeah.

18. bigblaza

bigblaza Registered Member

Ok, first of all scared ****less this girl is NOT. Fear does strange things to people, it makes them step back and take stock of what they have, it makes them think about what they need to do to get out of a current "fearful" situation. It does not make you sit in/on the couch all day not cleaning your $hit up. Fear makes you take action not sit on your a$$.

Second, If this guy is your boy...then you should help him out in other ways other than letting him, her, and it, crash at your place, thats just straight bull$hit. If he doesn't have the money to be able to afford his own place then how the #### is he supposed to afford a kid?? I was in a situation like that one about 2 years ago when my roomate decided to move his girlfriend into our place, that wouldn't have been so bad, except it was only a very small 2 bedroom pad, and then 2months later he moves his freebasin mom into the house. Trust me bro' these things dont get better!! The problem is when people start getting comfortable in a situation like being lazy, not picking there **** up, having other people move in, they dont like it when other people try change that, ya know what Im sayin. The bottom line is either he (and the girl) gotta go or the rest of you'all should find another place. I dont think you all should move cause he's the one with the issue but someones got to go PERIOD!! cause it aint gonna get better only worse, believe me I've learned from expirience.

19. AZPiNsTrIpEd

Thank you all for your wise words, I definately fell better now!:D

20. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Your roomate is an asshole,and his gf is c**t.. Set the house a blaze!! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2007