Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

am i cold-hearted, mean or just FRICKIN evil?? *DELETED*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Sep 11, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Post deleted by muddysub

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Re: am i cold-hearted, mean or just FRICKIN evil??

I couldnt agree with you more Scott. My school, which just happens to be a Christian School, decides to have a 2 hour assembly about 9/11. I mean usually we have an hour long church like thing, but it was a solid 2 hours of hearing about 9/11. I am seriously about to go crazy from hearing about all this crap. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

3. muddysub

thankyou!!!

4. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Well I see your Pont seeing that you are from NV but it is t little different around hear I just know that I guy named Sam a port authority worker did not make it out I feel bad for his family I have seen the sight wow 14 acres of twisted metal and cement and all the police from and emt from all over (FL to VA MA all over the east coast) up and down the turn pike
    but I will say all the TV stuff seams to cheapen it

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

You will hear it the rest of your life...get used to it! No one should forget!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I do feel bad for anyone who lost friend and or family in the attack, but I too am sick and tired of it all. Around here they have closed off all the trails with in 15 miles of Mt. Rushmore. I was going to go wheeling on one that is still over 5 miles away from it and was turned away by a deputy sherrif for security resons. I think it's going to far with homeland security on this day. I do belive some security is in order, but this is just paranoid. I'm all for a televisied tribute, but all day on all network channels ??? /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I'm all for a televisied tribute, but all day on all network channels ???

[/ QUOTE ]

The TV crap is a good ratings thing... anyone showing any wtc crap is gonna get loads of ratings... whatever those are good for, I don't know... but since they'll get ratings, they'll play it, no matter what a few rednecks in south dakota, nevada, wyoming, etc think /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

...no matter what a few rednecks in south dakota, nevada, wyoming, etc think.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it, not me! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

LOL, I hear ya. ( no matter what a few rednecks in south dakota, nevada, wyoming, etc think ) LOL /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

TV stations are running those specials because they pull ratings. That means that your opinion is in the minority of TV watchers (according to their studies). Just the same, there were probably a lot of people that hated ALF. But at that time, more people liked to watch it than not (hence they ran it for years). TV programming is not a democracy, but alas, you have a choice. As has been said before, you may turn off your TV/Radio whenever you wish. Problem solved.

IMO, September 11 deserves all of the respect it is getting and then some. While we were sitting at home watching the horror unfold, brave men and women were racing into that death trap to save other peoples lives. They deserve it, and people should never forget it.

P.S. Not to sound harsh, but wheel somewhere else. It's not the Gov's fault we have to protect EVERY monument, bridge, etc. It's the fault of those fawking freedom hating sh*tbirds with rags on their heads.

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

To say you don't care anymore makes me SICK TO MY STOMACH!!!! It only takes you 365 days to stop caring about the fact that thousands of your fellow countrymen were slaughtered by a bunch of insane fanatics? And that billions of dollars worth of property was destroyed? It only took one year to forget about the hundreds of children that will never get to know their mother or father? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif I'll bet you a million bucks that you'd be singing a different tune if someone you knew was forced to jump from 100 stories instead of burning to death. It's pretty pathetic that you're more upset about your radio station talking for 10 minutes in a row than about the 340 firefighters that died that day trying to save people like your mom and dad. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Good thing you don't live in my country.......Why don't you move to Iraq? I'm sure that they're not feeling sad today. Maybe you could go celebrate with the good folks over there since all this rehashing is bothering you so much. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Venting about the amount of air-time being devoted to 9/11 is one thing - saying you don't care anymore is DOWNRIGHT RETARDED!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

12. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

It's the fault of those fawking freedom hating sh*tbirds with rags on their heads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of a catch phrase from the Gulf War...

"I'd walk a mile to smoke a camel [jockey]..."

13. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

What Canmore said!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

14. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I do care about what happenned on 9/11, and by no means will i ever forget about it. I also think that we should cath Bin Laden and torture his ass just so he can experience what it felt like for the people that died in 9/11.What I am pissed about is constantly hearing about it all the time. I go to school i hear about it. I go home i hear about it. I get on AOL to check my mail i see more about it. I personally think that the media has gone to far with it. But then again they have the wrong intentions, all they are interested in is the money. Just kind of makes me wonder if the media has anything to do with the bad stuff that happens in the world. Ok I hope i made my point!

15. Can Can

The media ALWAYS goes to far with a big story.....It just so happens that this is the biggest story in a long time. Therefore, mega-coverage and endless tributes. This concept is nothing new, guys.

Instead of directing your anger at the Networks, why not direct it at the cause of all this media attention? If the friggin' ragheads hadn't taken out 3000 of your fellow countrymen in the first place, today would have just been another day.

Of course, Muddysub is probably dying his ridiculous hair another color instead of reading this. After all, I don't think he could stomach another second of 9/11 talk. Kind of ironic that he should use a form of modern media to voice his opinions about the excessive amount of media time associated with 9/11, eh?

BTW, in your inital post you said "you couldn't agree more" with what muddysub said. Not very Christian, young man. And now you say that you DO care about the loss of life and property. Well, which is it?

16. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I agree that the media coverage does get out of hand sometimes, but I don't watch the news too much so it doesn't bother me too much. They had a ceremony at school today but I didn't go because I had to go to work right after class. I probably wouldn't have gone because of all those dang hippies on campus that are anti war, anti gun, anti human, anti this, anti that. Shoot there is a big banner(ok it's a bed sheet) in the student center about how the war on terror is wrong and there should be peace and all this BS that some dang hippie put up. But when it comes to the news coverage I agree that we should NEVER FORGET and the media makes sure that we don't. As for ending the talk about it I think of it like the little boy that cried wolf. I live around a major petrochemical area that has been under repeated threats. As long as they keep talking about it these threats will contine to surface. When we stop talking about it so will the threats, Then in a few months, years... BAM! it will happen again, and we will be in the same boat agian. I'm sure that my theory is flawed and ya'll are welcome to tell me so /forums/images/icons/grin.gif but that's how I feel.

17. muddysub

okay, i apologize, i realize i shouldn't have said that i don't care, because i do but i'm just tired of hearing about it. i never said i wanted to just forget about it or have the whole world shut up or anything, but i'm sorry it's annoying now. i haven't forgotten about it and never will but i don't need to hear about it every day.

oh and if you got a problem with my hair, that's fine, i respect your opinion (to a point). i'm sure there's a lot of people out there who don't approve of my hair, but i don't care. and for your information, it's brown and blonde now.

18. Can Can

I couldn't give a rat's ass about your hair. Thank you for the apology. Next time THINK before you rant.

19. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Well heck if it's blonde and brown you need to make a new avatar with an anamation of a blonde cheer leader doing back flips /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif instead of the rooster...
    Ok, i thought it was funny /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

20. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I understand where you're coming from. This is a phenominal event in our history. But the networks all treat it like a GODDAMNED movie!!!!!! "COMING NEXT WEEK, TO A TV SCREEN NEAR YOU" I remember exactly where I was, what I was doing, how I felt and frankly I don't want it shoved down my throat again and again and again and again and again.......My TV was off all damned day just to avoid the issue. I said my little prayer for sweetness in light, offered my hopes and condolences and went on with my business without being bombarded by the media. Question I have is how will they eventually let go of it? Will next year be as spectacular as this year? Will they all get ratings like the Winter Olympic Opening Ceremony? Will there be chatrooms on AOL where people can discuss CNN's coverage vs Fox's? Again it all comes down to the almighty American dollar. It's gotta come to a halt somewhere. It's blown waaaaaaaaay out of proportion. Not the fact that we were attacked, thats first and foremost. Just trying to get a new angle on the story. Give these people a rest is all I'm saying.