Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Am I crazy to try to fit 42s w/ 6" lift and cutting like project moneypit?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dawson444, Jun 25, 2002.

1. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Am I crazy to try to fit 42s w/ 6\" lift and cutting like project moneypit?

Am I freakin crazy to try to fit 42s on a 6" lift? I am planning to cut the fenders like moneypit. Or should I just try to fit 40s?
    What do you guys think I should do with the front grill if I do cut like money pit? Should I move the axle forward some w/ the ORD kit? I am open to sugestions. I don't want to lift it anymore, 1" body is the most I want to do if I have to. Thanks!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Am I crazy to try to fit 42s w/ 6\" lift and cutting like project moneypit?

hell no your not crazy to try it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif im running 38x13x16tsl swampers with only 2.5in lift and plan on running 44's with only 6in lift /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Ruthiford

Ruthiford Registered Member

Its only steel "YOU CAN DO IT"!

4. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Why are you crazy I run a soft superlift 6in lift that settles to a 4in lift and a 2in body and all the fender trimming I could handle. I DO NOT RUB!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. ryanNC

ryanNC 1/2 ton status

ive got 4suspen and 2body with 38.5tsl's and only trimmed the front bumper section..... oh yea i moved the front axle foward 1.5inch. thats all and no rub.

6. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Let me also throw in I am running 9012s and I don't want to loose any flex? Anyone have any ideas if I do cut like I want to what to do about the grill? Thanks!

7. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

i'm running 42's with 5"suspension and 2"body and major hacking.they still rub when completly max out.i'm going to move the front axle a 1.5"forward,i think this will take care of any rubbing in the front.in the back the rub on the inside of the wheel tubs but no damage to the tires.i'm considering tubbing the rear a little also.here are some pics if you want to check it out.

http://community.webshots.com/user/efilnikufecin

8. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Hell No, you're not crazy. I run 44's with 8" of suspension lift. I am gonna move the front axle forward 1.5" and I have a little more metal that can be cut. They barely srcub with the wheels turned at serious flex.

9. FastFob

FastFob Registered Member

That settles it.
    I'm gunna run 40's with a 6" suspension lift and 3" body.

10. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

i dont think you are crazy... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

i still rub with 4" lift/1" body and 35's...only during full stuff and wheels locked to the inside...but it still happens...with all the cutting i have done. i need to move the front axle forward 1.5" to fix. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif would like to relocate the rear as well...but for different reasons.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I'm planning the same thing (42s on 6"). The only place that you'll have problems is the contact that the front tires will have with the firewall, but that should be taken care of with by moving the axle forward a bit. I'll be using the offset 0 rates so long as the general consensus is that they're safe. </font color>

12. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Nah... go for it.. The only way you would be crazy is if you ran a 15" lift with 30" tires /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

13. mudhog

lmao!!!!!!!! now that would be crazy and a funny site to see /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

14. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Were I live there is an 80's style f350 with 12" of lift and 31's, It looks /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Great /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif. They have had it like that for the last 8 years

15. mudhog

dude you have got to get some pics of it /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I will try /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

17. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i'm gonna end up running like 8" and 42" one day. not anytime soon though.

18. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Depending on how far you want to go, you can run 42s with no lift at all. I've got 42s on my K30 with only 4" of lift and no body lift. Cutting fenders, moving axles, firewall mods, tubs in the rear, etc. may be required depending on wheeling style and amount of flex (big bump stops make it much easier). It's all up to you, just sit down and plan it all out, think through all the details, and get started.