Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Am I dumb? (front shim question)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TruckNutzDude, Jun 24, 2005.

1. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I just picked up a set of 6* shims from the local speed shop for my zero rates. I was getting ready to bolt them up when I grabbed the center pin and pit it in the shim... The hole in the shim is big enough for the head of the center pin to sink below it (meaning no center pin after the shim is on) Is the pin supposed to go inside the shim or do I need different shims? I need to finish this stuff by Sunday so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

The head of the center pin is NOT suppose to sink below the surface of the shim.

3. TruckNutzDude

Oh and if it helps, the shims are by Trailmaster. Part number 8006.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Doesn't matter who they are from, the heads of the center pin shouldn't sink below the surface of the shim. If it does, how are you going to locate your center pin in the spring perch.

5. TruckNutzDude

That's my point and the reason for this post. Do you have a part number for a set of shims that will work correctly? It's either that or I'm going to try making a spacer of some sort to make the pin actually do it's job and protrude past the shim.

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Best thing to do would be to give them a call, I've never had to use store bought shims, I've always just made my own. Hopefully someone else will chime in with a part number.