Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

am i dumb or is there a problem? (locking hubs)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by moturbopar, Aug 12, 2005.

1. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

well today I was messing with my blazer and noticed that my locking hubs werent seated , you could see the o-ring (1/16" away from touching anything!) and wiggle the hubs around a little I can push the hub in around 3/16". I poped them off to see if I could find anything wrong. the only thing I can figure out is the axles are too far out so when I put the snap ring on it wont hold the hub all the way in. is there a trick that needs to be done to use these?I dont know if I am doing something wrong or if there is something wrong someplace else but my warn hubs dont seem to fit properly on my 10b.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If you have a snap ring on the inside , or a washer back behind the internals , lose it .

3. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

I seem to have the same problem with my new warn hubs in my 10b. But I've been driving it for over a month and no problems yet. My solution to the problem I believe is to swap the axle for a dana 60. :D

4. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

:D sounds good to me :D

I cant find anything wrong other than the hubs just arent built properly, maybe I can put in a thicker snap ring and sand down the chrome cap part a little to get it to fit, or I guess I could just silicon it.

5. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Ya I can move mine a little bit and it bothered me at first but after a few 100 kms I put it out of my mind. Wants to put Dana 60 in and if I am right which I think I am those hubs are no good to me then.