Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

am i getting enough gas???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RESTORE89, Dec 27, 2001.

1. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

[​IMG] i just had the new 230 hp gm crate motor tranny and xfer case installed, and since then if i get on the gas all the way it feels like it is sucking alot of air and not enough fuel. if i let off the throttle a little it seems to catch up and run better. is the stock tbi sending enough fuel to the engine???? or do i have another prob?? what should i check for???

It needs a bigger motor.
    what's in it now?
    doen't matter it NEEDS A BIGGER MOTOR
    89 350tbi/700r4h/np208/4.11's

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

What kind of a engine did you get? Was it a TBI engine or was it a generic GM crate engine?
    TBI engines use a diferent cam than a carb engine. The carb engine cams usually have more lift and may not run right with a TBI
    If your motor is not a TBI engine you can get a Aftermarket stage 2 chip for the computer. Or try an adjustable MAP sensor from turbocity.com.
    One more thing. Did you change the fuel filter when the new engine was installed? That may be all the problem is.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze> Blazer pics</a>