Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Am I insane?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fixmy59bug, Apr 24, 2007.

1. fixmy59bug

fixmy59bug Registered Member

Well, That was a rhetorical question really. Please don't answer that one. But here's one for you.

It concerns a Burban Dually. Yes I know they have been done, Yes I know they look good, but there is a back story to my question.

My Burban is an 89 R1500 2 Wheel drive. I transplanted the suspension from my 73 C20 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive under my 89. So now I have 8 lug Hummer H2 wheels sittin underneath a 3" body lift. Honestly I like the look, but I think if it looks like it can go off road that it should be able to. I am kinda jones'en for a 4wd burban now. So here's what I am thinking. I have seen very few (as in 1 or 2) Burban Duallies on here and I thought, Damn that looks pretty good. Then I say some dodge Duallie Ram trucks sittin on 19.5" Big Rig Alcoa's and thought, "HOT DAMN that looks F'IN sweet". But I just got to thinkin, I have never seen a Burban Duallie sittin on 19.5" alcoas. I am picturing it in my mind and it looks HOTTTTT! Has anyone done this?

The main reason I am thinking of going with this is to maintain strict road use of the 89 that would remain my tow rig (The dual rear wheels would add to greater tow capacity), and buy myself a 4wd burban that would be my offroad rig. Possibly towed with the 89. The 4wd would be stripped of all unnecessities and would make it as bare bones as possible. I am talking barely road legal, and maybe not legal at all. If anyone has pictures of a duallie burban on 19.5" alcoas, Please toss them up. Thanks alot.

2. fixmy59bug

[Oh Face], I found some pics of what I am talking about [/Oh Face]
    [​IMG]

3. dsmd58

dsmd58 1/2 ton status

damn that looks good!

4. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Looks good but the fender well extending on the door might be difficult;)

5. fixmy59bug

If I had that exact generation, you would be absolutely correct. However since my 89 is the previous generation, the fender flares don't actually go to the doors like shown here. I just couldn't find a good picture showing what I wanted with my body style.

6. blowedupmotor87

blowedupmotor87 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I've seen duallies (no 19.5's though) off your body style and they do look sweet!:D