Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

am i measuring wrong?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stoney126, Jul 6, 2006.

1. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

Hey all, I just pulled the stock rear springs from my crewcab 3500. They measure 54 and a half inchs eye to eye. The springs I ordered are 4 inch lift springs and measure 52 and a half inchs eye to eye. I told them to order 56 inchs cuz that's what I thought I had and that's what it says on the receipt. The sku # on the springs matchs the one on the receipt. So am I measuring wrong or did they give me the wrong springs?
    Thanks for any info

2. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

you need to measure with the top leaf compressed, flat. I'm betting you have the correct 56" springs, its just hard to tell because its arched up a little.

3. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

Doh ok :o was a lil worried. After cutting through the u bolts with a grinder (no torch) I was in o mood to have the wrong springs:D

4. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

well, don't take my word for sure, that's just what I've heard.. find out before you bolt those bad boys in... I'm sure somebody will chime in.. do you have the part number off the springs?

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah measure along the arch. lift springs will measure shorter straight across because of the arch as mentioned

6. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

ok measured again, and its 56 :D Brian how is your crew doing?

7. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Truck is doing good. Still has that little low RPM miss but only sometimes. The tire went flat on me last night and when I tried to move it it popped off the bead aggg ****in 16.5's Took me an hour to get it back on LOL. Other than that great 9 MPG everywhere:crazy: and runs strong. No leaks. We'll see how it does towing the K5 to Blazer Fest.