Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Am I missing something? Don't they get it?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4x4dreamer, Feb 15, 2003.

1. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Am I missing something? Don\'t they get it?

I know this has been beaten to death, but I'm watching the news and seeing people protest the war on Iraq. This doesn't make sense to me, as I know it doesn't to most of you. Hasn't war already been declared on us? I know Al Quaeda has. Did these people sleep through 9/11? Do they understand what type of things our troops are trying to prevent? I can see how maybe we come across as trying to control other countries, but we have an interest in this, don't we? How many of our people have to die before these cornholers say it's "okay" to go to war? My son is 10, and I'd rather not see him going off to war, just as most parents are, but I'd also rather that he and his sister were not killed in an attack. I'd rather they grew up in a country that wasn't half wiped out by a nuclear or chemical attack. The longer we delay, the more time we give the enemy to prepare whatever it is they're going to do. The prospect of war isn't appealing to me by any means, it scares the hell out of me. But I'd rather we be proactive than wait for another disaster...
    So please tell me, am I missing something? Is there some piece of info that I don't have?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: Am I missing something? Don\'t they get it?

Nope, you've got it all. Not missing any information. What these protesters fail to understand is this is not about oil like they are claiming. It's about preventing Iraq from becoming nuclar, and or suplying terrorist with wepons to attack us !!!!!!!!!! Al Quaeda and Iraq are two different things, but Iraq, as well as other mid-eastern countrys, does suport Al Quaeda. So it is likely they would suply Al Quaeda with wepons of mass destruction.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It's the liberal mind for ya. They are more interested in making sure illegal aliens are getting their medical and foodstamps and that Joe Q. Public is getting a** raped on taxes and view the military as a waste of time and money and refuse to accept that having to go another countries butt for transgressions is all part of being a major player in this world.

They are also protesting cause they would rather have all of us riding around in rickshaws.

I respect their right to protest and to have their opinion on something, still doesn't prevent me from thinking they are nothing more than a bunch of candya** clowns.

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Well said Bubba.

What most of these bleeding hearts don't realize that it was an isolationist attitude that dumped us into WW2. Just remember..those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it.

BTW nice sig bubba I guess I need to change mine.. to close. Sic...I mean great minds think alike /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

On the Statue of Liberty it says: "Give me your tired, your hungry, your poor." Well, it's Americans who are tired and hungry and poor. And I say, until you take care of that, close the book. 'Cause we're losing. We're losing our rights to pursue our destiny. We're losing our freedom. So that a bunch of foreigners can come in here and exploit our country. And this isn't something that's going on far away. This isn't something that's happening places we can't do anything about it. It's happening right here, right in our neighborhood, right in our country. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. Stickseler

Very well put

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

So why don't you people get up and do something about it? In this forum, you are preaching to the choire. I'd say that about 98 percent of the people in this forum are republican conservatives from what I have read. You're all on the same band wagon and it isn't going anywhere in here. Why not go out and meet the protestors face to face with your own signs and let's see how many of you there really are.

Put up or shut up is my motto....

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    republican conservatives

[/ QUOTE ]

But some of us are disgruntled. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. Stickseler

Thats a good point. How come its always the bleeding hearts that get together and protest things. You never see a large group of conservatives out protesting.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    You never see a large group of conservatives out protesting.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Because we're not attention whores! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Kind of funny, each interview I've seen of a war protester, all they can say is this,

"Well, I'm out here to let everyone know that I'm against war, there can be other solutions, but I'm against war." Haven't seen one yet give a good reason why there should not be a war.

12. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I don't like wars,but,just like in life sometimes you gotta kick the bullies a** just to show that you won't put up with their s*it.Some of the protesters will fight over what they believe,but,they don't believe in anything.They just want to stir up a mess. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif