Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Am I missing vents?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stoney126, Jan 9, 2007.

1. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

Hey all, I noticed the pther day that my crewcab has no air vents in the cab. I dont remember if my blazer did or not. My crewcab is a barebones version, vould that be why there isnt any vents.

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

The only trucks that I have ever seen with the dash vents came equipped with AC. Mine is the same as yours

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Floor and defrost, thats it! :)

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If you're talking about fresh air vents under the dash, you'll only find those on trucks that came from the factory without a/c. :( The trucks with a/c run the blower on low when the a/c is off to provide a steady flow of outisde fresh air, thus they don't have manual fresh air vents.

5. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

would converting it to an a/c dash be out of the question? I dont have ac on the truck at the moment but plan to in the future.

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Entirely possible AFAIK. Other than the differences in all the trim (gauge bezel, dash pad trim piece) and the firewall difference, the dash pad itself, and metal dash frame are both the same. You'd need all the interior and engine bay AC pieces obviously, but that's what a good donor truck is for. :)

7. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Not entirely true. They do not have manual vents that is true. However, my AC equiped ride has vacuum operated vents that when not in AC, Heat, or Defrost the vent is open. The fan will turn off if the main switch is in off on the AC selector( if that makes since). If the switch is in anything other than off the fan will work. The vents are also open when the system is off but the fan will not be on.

Ira

8. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Harry is correct, trucks with AC the blower motor is ALWAYS on low when the switch is off if it is working correctly and hasn't been moified by someone. If you turn the key to the on position then go open your hood an disconnect the wire to the fan you will hear it stop working.

9. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Maybe mines is ****ed up then I will have to check it out:D

Ira

10. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

well like most dashes mine is cracked in several spots, and the bezel is cracked as well. I was going to redo it with vents this time and ac. Im thinking of Oem or doing something different for the dash.

Im just thinking of the long trips and trying to keep everyone comfortable. It's an 89 crewcab with a 94 6.5td will that be an issue with trying to piece something together?