Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Am I reading this part ORD has for sale correctly?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by thatK30guy, Jun 7, 2003.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Its the 32 spline 465 output shaft.

My understanding it replaces the long 32 spline or the 10 spline 465 shafts so a 400-version 32 spline 203 range box can be used and "voila!" a Doubler after that.

Am I reading this correctly? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If so..... the Gods have answered my prayers!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you said it. but im not sure wich shaft it replaces. pretty sire it wa the long shaft.
    Grant

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    If so..... the Gods have answered my prayers!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    yours and mine both /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

is there a 27 spline version to use with the 350 version of the 203? those are a dime a dozen, 203's for a 400 are hard to find and pricey from what BadDog tells me...

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I think Stephen is hellbent to use only the rarest of Chev transfer case parts in his products

IIRC he was mentioning a 32 spline 465 mainshaft to replace the 10 spline mainshaft AND coupler, using stock adapter
    which means it will be looong

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The new shaft is a "short" 32 spline to replace any 465 output shaft. It allows you to use a factory 465/203 adapter housing (4.25", not looong, more like just right) and a factory 32 spline input gear in the NP203.
    As for rare parts? Kind of, but not really rare when you can buy the 32 spline input gear and drop it into any 203 gearbox. And how much money do you spend on parts that have a chance of breaking?

The adapter housing is kind of hard to come by but we're working on that too....

We also have an adapter plate to allow you to use the factory 32 spline output shaft with the factory 10 spline adapter housing and a 32 spline NP205. This adds a little over an inch to the overall length and gets rid of the 10 spline connection all together.