Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

am I screwing up big or what??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by engine_run, Oct 25, 2000.

1. engine_run

engine_run Registered Member

Okay, here is the deal I just bought a 83 k5 and it started acting up. When you start to go its fine untill about 25 then it does not shift to I think is 2nd or 3rd. It is a 700R4, could that be the clutch discs?? Could the rear end have any thing to do with it?? What do I need to look for to determine if the rear end is in need of work or not? I pulled the cover off the rear and I think one of my spider gear lost a tooth. Kinda new at the game, had a little practice on my 75 International Scout and my dad's 70 Travelall. Not chevy I know but love them all!!

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey Matt, welcome to the site. If ya haven't already ya might want to post your questions in the 4x4 section. There is allot more traffic over there. Sounds like another bad 700R tranny to me. Don't feel bad, there are lots of them out there.[​IMG]

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm