Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Am I supposed to be FRUSTRATED!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CaveBlazin, Sep 15, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ok so this is my first complete engine rebuild and I do mean complete. I think I've bought ever know new part there is for a truck to include having to find all new bolts as well. IM SO FRUSTRATED every time I come across a new thing I need to get. Is this the same thing that has happened to yall when you swapped in a new engine for the first time. Man I cant tell you how long it was before I found out what the name for a Vacumn tree was I asked the morons at Autozone,advance and a few others and they just looked at me like I had crack for sale!!! But I think its getting there I have alot of lessons learned for you Newbies out there you just what till I finish the writeup for this one........... /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif + /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif + /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif = /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Good, cause I look forward to reading it so at least they dont think Im on crack. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I feel the same way with most of my projects /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif That's what makes "Built not bought" an appeciative expression /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif There is a lot of pride in doing the work yourself. Once it's done you will look back on it and smile /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

trust me man, it will be very worth it in the end. I just spent the last year swapping a 6.0/4l80e into my truck and I will be breaking it in this coming weekend. I went through the same thing with my truck, of course I am sure you got to keep your old tranny and transfer case. Yeah I pretty much had to built it from the ground up too, plus do all the wiring(I had nightmares about wiring) and the computer and everything. So yeah, I know where your comin from.

Remington

5. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I feel for you. Just did the same thing. Just wait until you fire it up! WOW! You are just pumped! Then for about the next week you pop the hood and just stare, thinking "I did this!" /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif It is truely a great feeling. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I bought the book "How to rebuild your small block chevy" - it was invaluable. It has everything you need for torque, measurements, everything. Stick with it.

6. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I bought the same book and yes it is truly a helpful book. But still its all very frustrating...