Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Am I the only one who's falling apart?!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by EDdaTREE, May 25, 2002.

1. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Am I the only one who\'s falling apart?!

42 years old, 6'4" and 235 lbs. in awesome shape for doing 20 plus years of hard labor. Pretty much all shoulders and broad back. NOW I'm just shot to Hell..hands and hips and back are Gonzo, had this fargin' sinus headache for a month....GRRRRRRRR! SHITE!!! C'mon guys,,,am I alone? Should I bother getting the shoulder surgeried?

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Re: Am I the only one who\'s falling apart?!

I am 20 6'1" and 205 lbs. I have two bad knees bad right ankle, two bad wrists, bad left shoulder, and two bad hips, and neck problems. I was hit by a car pretty bad when I was yonger so its all from that though.

Dan

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Other that being 32 and no sinus problem I'v had back knee hipp hand problems on and off for about 15 years. I guees work does most of it (I should have went for some suit and tie CEO job) I also should have listend to my parent when I was younger and not of rode bulls OUCH feeling it now.

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

At 27 I can complain of 2 arthritic ankles, one bad shoulder (threw sidearm in baseball) one bum knee, constant sinus allergies, and I think that's it/forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

35, way over wieght, back problems ( back locked up about a year ago, couldn't walk, or even stand for about a week, hurt like a ............, had to go to hosp. and get meds, said it was stress) I'm sure my insides are messed up from years of dopeing.

6. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

42 years of celebrating every day has just beat the pee out of my bod. I've been flipped endo out of a truck-bed. Bailed out of a 98' Stratus as it torched itself and left 25 scars on me..lived thru 20 years of nut-job partying. [censored]....damn near fried me eyebrows off lighting the bachelor-party bonfire!

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

98 Stratus ???? I've got one parked next to the Blazer. What happened to couse the flames ???

8. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Had a home-boy who was a prion guard at Arizona State Prison while I lived in Florence, AZ, tried to talk me into riding bulls. Used to watch guys water-ski on the canals behind pickup trucks. Just ran up-down the roads.

9. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

32 tomorrow, been working in the oilfeild for about 13 or 14 year's. everything is wore out or hurt's... had reconstrutive back surgery when i was 26. close to needing it again. also wish i would have satayed in school and got a education.

dave

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I finally gave it up when my lower verdabre was pushed 3/4" forward and hip cage was shoved forward 3". Talk about some major pain and I was 22 and still didn't have my head on right. Oh well it was a ball while it lasted talk about a rush WOOOOO!!!!!

11. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I ran the heater for about 12 minutes...theres's a technical service bulletin out about the head gaskets. I think it is on the 2.4 motor. Ran heater for about 10 minutes after a night of wheeling/beer and friends left/ not driving after beer. Friends left scene at 2 AM exactly...ended up bailing out of car w/cell and calling 911 at 2:17 with front clip on fire and the windshield trim melting on hand to wake and save life as whole car went up. Fire was coming thru dash vents and dash went up as I bailed out the door.Thing that woke me and saved me life was the friggin' windshield trim melting on me hand.

12. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

gee maybe it's just the GUYS that are falling apart.

26, 130 lbs 5'8" Major ailments are 3 bloodied knuckles, 4 calousas (SP???)..and a skuff on my forarm..other than that pretty darn good shape..but yet I guess I'm still a spring chicken.

now John on the other hand
    35, 6' 245 lbs...bad back, chiropractor 3x week. (from years of driving truck). bad neck- goes with bad back. bum knee- from 2nd leval Brown belt test a few years ago. Still to bad to go for the black test.

sounds like you guys need a VACATION!..

Brandy

13. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

i lost a kidney to cancer, i have found that there are 3 things you lose as you grow older, one is your eyesight, another is your hearing, the 3rd thing, well, i cant remember what it is /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

14. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

31 a few weeks ago. 6'3" 235 Lbs. All joints in my hands are sore, sometimes I cant close my hands to a fist. (arthritis) More scar tissue on my hands than skin it seems. Need surgury on left middle finger to remove bone chip, but will prob never have it done. Knees are toastadada, they hurt constantly, lock up and feel like someone is trying to pry them apart sometimes. Right collar bone pops from being bounced off a seat belt shoulder harness in a roll over. Shoulders left and right make crunching feeling when I lift my arms. (rotator cuff?) Back and neck messed up from same roll over, then having a drunken wreck less than 6 months later and totaling truck. Ankles and heels hurt almost always. Sinus problems. Had surgery on left hand, on left hip, need surgery again on left hand for 2 reasons. Lost some hearing from yrs in the shop, lost some vision from an eye impact injury. I think thats about it. Im sure Ill think of more as soon as I get up to get another Dew. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

15. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'll be 31 in July. I've been digging since I was 18, either by hand or with equipment. The only injury I've ever recieved that still haunts me was a NASTY groin pull when I was about 25. I still need a bi-weekly massage to keep my right side(armpit to hip) loose. Of course, I get tired a lot faster than I used to and don't have the same stamina, either. I think my wife would probably agree/forums/images/icons/wink.gif..........

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Oh Sh!t I forgot about this one when I was 29 I had two heart attacks. My how we forget things like that.

17. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty much in the same boat. 6', 210lbs. Yrs of tackle football, never got got hurt but it's all coming around now. I fell 12 feet from a diving board and smashed my noggin on the deck, got a 4" skull fracture, spent 2 weeks in a coma whern i was 11. My ears have rung ever since. Loss of hearing ever since more or less. I took up bmx racing at 33 yrs old. Fractured a tailbone, and shattered a collar bone. I put my hand thru a windshield once in a drunken rage, didn't break anything but it gives me fits now and then. I climbed poles for a bit, that put some stress on my knees and back. That'll haunt me in a few years. And the latest edition was a 200 lb. pipe fell from a pole about 30 ft up and konked me right on the bean, knocked me out cold. No fractures or tears in my neck but i've been seeing a PT ever since and it happened in April (can you say medical retirement)?

18. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

JEEEEEEEZUS! 2 of em? You need to lay off of my "people that drive too fast and piss me off" posts brother. I thought I had a heart attack once, but it was a torn something or another inside my chest from from when I broke my collarbone.

19. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

At 27 I went to the hosp. thinking I was having a heart attack. I had a constant pain in my chest that would shoot harder at times. I couldnt breath and my arm went numb. It turns out I have pluresey. ( I think think thats how its spelled.) Which is the lining of the chest cavity gets inflamed and "dry" When I would breath my lungs were dragging across the chest cavity rather than sliding. They said in bad cases it will make you think your having a heart attack. The only reason I caved in and went to the hosp. was a buddy of mine that was working in the stall next to me had had a heart attack and told me I needed to go when I took a deep breath and fell to one knee in pain grabbing my chest.

On the brite side I found out I have /had high cholesterol.

20. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I'll be 37 in a few months, 5' 10.5" and 155 lbs. Worked as a bricklayers helper off and on from the age of 10 (weekends with my dad) til I was 22 (fulltime) I've fallen off of scaffolding more than once, had a 300 lb wood stove dropped on my leg, and when I was 18 I caught two fingers in a 10" mitre saw. They saved the fingers (I'm using them right now.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif) but they do ache a little now and then. I got out of construction and into welding and fabricating...

So far i have never wrecked my back, and overall I'm in prety decent shape for the work i've done. About the only thing I get is some burners in my neck, usually on the way home after 10 hour shifts. I wrecked my shoulder last year, but it healed up really good and doesn't give me any more trouble.

The only bone I've ever broken was in my hand...punched a wall during a fight. I never got it set or fixed though.

Rene