Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

America, Love It Or Leave It?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, Jan 28, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Somebody said that to me the other day. He obviously didn't stop to think about what he was saying or who he was saying it to. Let me share my perspective on this little quote of the day....

The whole thing is based on "Freedom". Because you are a citizen of this wonderfull country you have the right to speak freely on any subject you want. You also have the right to b!tch and moan about anything you want. But you don't have the right to give me one of two choices regarding how the country is run and the decisions our leaders are making.

So with that in mind, I have a little different way of expressing my thoughts to someone who says they hate what's going on in the govt.

AMERICA! Love It Or CHANGE It! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well I disagree/agree with ya.

Now that I've got your head spinning, I think that there are people in this country that should take a one way trip out of here cause they are just wrong (see most Hollywood types, human shields).........

But so far I've never read anything by you that should make someone say that to ya, while we disagree about stuff, you don't seem like the flippant and arrogant tree hugging I'm a liberal who thinks I'm right about everything that we are accustomed to on the TV.

Furthermore, I think that a veteran has the right to say just a little more than just the John Q. Public off the street.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Furthermore, I think that a veteran has the right to say just a little more than just the John Q. Public off the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would go for that.

4. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

[/ QUOTE ]

No...cause we're all suposed to be 'equal'...remember? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

No...cause we're all suposed to be 'equal'...remember?

[/ QUOTE ]
    True, true, but the experience of military duty will enlighten people.

I also think it should be mandatory that if one wants to be a member of Congress/President......I know, my man Ronny never served.............Why? Because 9 times out of 10 a veteran will be more gun shy with regards to sending the military to some third world sh*thole for no reason at all.

Just one quick question, do y'all know Hillary is on the Armed Services Committee in the Senate?

6. landsmasher

Hillary is on the Armed Services Committee in the Senate

[/ QUOTE ]

So what does she bring to the table? A pretty table cloth? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. landsmasher

I think that there are people in this country that should take a one way trip out of here cause they are just wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Fi were King O The Jungle, about 80% of the people I see on the streets would be on a slowly sinking boat right now! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif But I'm not, so everyone can rest easy.

Unfortunately John Q. Public has only the news papers and TV news as a source of information on what's going on in DC. So the interpretaion given us by these sources can be somewhat misleading at times.

It's our right to disaggree/agree and that's what makes our nation great. And I used to be arrogant, but I'm much better now... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[/ QUOTE ]
    So since I could never serve(medical) my oppion on stuff is less or not worth as much? **** that noise. I feel as long as you are a good person and do all the right things such as paying your tax'x and voting and obey the law you can say what ever you want.
    I do however feel that a person of good standings being born here can say what ever the hell he/she wants.

9. landsmasher

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe anyone, military background or not, should have any more or less rights than anyone else. However I think that someone with a military background is a little more knowlegable about war issues and would prolly make better decisions about going to war. On the other hand the lifers live for war. It's their job. So don't ask a general if we should go to war or not cuz he's gonna want to go play with his toys.

The military is not for everyone and not everyone can get involved in it either. And I wouldn't think that everyone should be involved. There are just some people that should be kept away from military service for the good of the nation and the other troops that are going to have to live and work with these people.

10. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

AMERICA! Love It Or CHANGE It!

[/ QUOTE ]

11. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

AMERICA! Love It Or CHANGE It!

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

However I think that someone with a military background is a little more knowlegable about war issues and would prolly make better decisions about going to war.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's what I meant, even though I did not write that. I just learned that in my dealings with the wife that people should be mind readers. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I think that a veteran has the right to say just a little more than just the John Q. Public off the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe everyone has the right to an opinion...and a reasonable expectation to be heard...

I believe everyone has a responsibility to listen...and to be as informed as possible...this means that you try to understand others points of view even if they differ from yours...

Having served in the Military simply gives one a broader perspective...especially if that service includes posting for a length of time in a foreign country...

Combat troopers don't really fight for "Mom, the Flag, and Apple Pie"...they fight for their buddies...the guys in the sh!thole right beside them...Politics don't count for squat when you've heard small arms fire crack around you...

Surviving a firefight changes your life...not just your perspective...

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

14. landsmasher

Well Said! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif