Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

American Al-Queda

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by firefighter184, May 27, 2004.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if there is any connection between the fact that several Americans who are members of Al-Queda (three that we know of) are also from Kalifornia? Only in a liberal wacko state like that would you be encouraged to explore such a culture BY YOUR PARENTS.

Here in Colorado, my dad would have kicked my ass for some crap like that! Nancy Pelosi probably thinks that these guys are heroes for standing up against the terrible and hateful America she loves to hate. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Can you please not mention Nancy Pelosi so early in the morning. I hate when the gag reflex kicks in just after my morning coffee...

3. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Yep, I was raised in church with loving parents and taught right from wrong....I didnt learn it from some wacko-Muslim terrorists.

Even more disturbing is the new intelligence indicating al-Qaida is in the USA preparing to launch a major attack this summer. I hope we can stop them.

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

[ QUOTE ]
    Even more disturbing is the new intelligence indicating al-Qaida is in the USA preparing to launch a major attack this summer. I hope we can kill them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for ya.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Even better /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Al-Queda, What can I say ?? Normally I'm a peacefull person and say live and let live, but these Al-Queda animals NEED to be put to death !!!

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

That one, John Walker Lindh was from Marin County. Now I don't know about you, but that place has a reputation. In fact when I would go up there, I felt like I had entered occupied Soviet territory.

8. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

They need to mount those big chain guns like on navy ships in the big towers like the Sears tower.

9. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yep, I was raised in church with loving parents and taught right from wrong....I didnt learn it from some wacko-Muslim terrorists.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were raised in church, their parents love them, they taught them right from wrong, and according to them, you are wrong.

religious wars are tricky like that

10. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

yeah, those "R2" units are something awesome. The way they follow an aircraft until it is decimated is unreal.

Having these on buildings? Isn't that what terrorists want? They want us to have fear, they want us to not travel with ease, they want us to lose our freedoms. I don't live in fear (or at least I try not to). I don't carry a gun on my person (though I own several), I don't think someone is going to attack me at all times (though I have NBC gear at home). F--k the terrorists it is a random violence type of thing. You can't really plan on being attacked unless we give up our freedoms and enact some sort of curfew or other ridiculous "police state" type of mentality. I don't want to give up any of my freedoms for these extra chromosome having mother----ers.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah, those "R2" units are something awesome. The way they follow an aircraft until it is decimated is unreal.

Having these on buildings? Isn't that what terrorists want? They want us to have fear, they want us to not travel with ease, they want us to lose our freedoms. I don't live in fear (or at least I try not to). I don't carry a gun on my person (though I own several), I don't think someone is going to attack me at all times (though I have NBC gear at home). F--k the terrorists it is a random violence type of thing. You can't really plan on being attacked unless we give up our freedoms and enact some sort of curfew or other ridiculous "police state" type of mentality. I don't want to give up any of my freedoms for these extra chromosome having mother----ers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty impressive coming from someone who doesn't want us to fight these yahoos on a foreign land.

Read this............

12. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They need to mount those big chain guns like on navy ships in the big towers like the Sears tower.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are called SEAWIZ. When they fire those things off they shake the entire aircraft carrier. Its a 200 mm gatlin cannon. I got to stand right above one when it went off. I think it rearanged my insides. They look like R2D2 with a hard on. I think they shoot like 2000 rounds a second.

nick

13. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Like I said, I don't label myself. I just want an honest (yeah right) reason why we are at war. If we want to just kick ass, let's tell the American public that is what we are doing. Also, as far as the AMerican "war atrocities" go: it's war.
    We showed Irag troops dead on the battlefield...
    when they showed dead GIs we were outraged...
    But:
    How can our troops fight a "faceless" enemy and then be expected not to lash out on those soldiers that are caught. It's a basic guerilla war, where citizens are being infiltrated by militants. The "enemy" is hiding and cowardly hurting innocents.
    I do disagree with the beatings and torture, but...
    The Geneva convention seems to be basically only followed by the U.S. Furthermore, the rules should not apply to terrorist groups. They kill indiscriminately, what's a little bit of psychological tampering? We've done it for years (vietnam, ww2). If we can "break" someone in a "humane" manner, and it saves lives. Why can't we have more of a say in the Geneva guidelines for war.

14. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

wasn't the seawiz, at one time, shooting depleted uranium rounds (basically leaving dangerous shells which were a pain to dispose of) but they recently went to some sort of plastic or something like that? Same destructive power but not all the junk left behind.

15. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think they shoot like 2000 rounds a second.

[/ QUOTE ]
    i think you mean 2000 rounds a minute. nothing (that i know of) can shoot that fast.

16. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They were raised in church, their parents love them, they taught them right from wrong, and according to them, you are wrong.

religious wars are tricky like that

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why religion is the opiate of the masses. Some people need to have the fear of "god" to do what others want them to do. But if you (not you Tecton but anyone reading this) know history, it is readily apparent that Christianity and Catholicisim is all guilty of major atrocities in the name of "god" and "good".

That's why I just try to be a good person. I don't need a priest (aka molester) to tell me what I'm doing wrong in my life. I'll leave that to good friends and family.

17. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

No from all ive heard on the boat this thing does shoot that fast. When it shoots it leaves a line on the radar screens. I dont work on it so Im not 100% sure it shoots that fast. It pretty much makes a wall of lead. As for the depleated uranium Ive never heard about that but they dont use that stuff now. I had a shell that I "Found" on the boat.

nick

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I think they shoot like 2000 rounds a second.

[/ QUOTE ]
    i think you mean 2000 rounds a minute. nothing (that i know of) can shoot that fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe 500 rifles that can fire 4 rounds per second all firing simultaneously...

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    basically leaving dangerous shells which were a pain to dispose of

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read a little about the uranium rounds. The amount of radioactivity left from these rounds is not considered dangerous. Uranium is an ultra dense metal, probably does a better job than lead...

Just found this:

[ QUOTE ]
    Q. What is depleted uranium?

A. Depleted uranium is what is left over when most of the highly radioactive types (isotopes) of uranium are removed for use as nuclear fuel or nuclear weapons. The depleted uranium used in armor-piercing munitions and in enhanced armor protection for some Abrams tanks is also used in civilian industry, primarily for stabilizers in airplanes and boats.

Q. What makes depleted uranium a potential hazard?

A. Depleted uranium is a heavy metal that is also slightly radioactive. Heavy metals (uranium, lead, tungsten, etc.) have chemical toxicity properties that, in high doses, can cause adverse health effects. Depleted uranium that remains outside the body can not harm you.

A common misconception is that radiation is depleted uranium's primary hazard. This is not the case under most battlefield exposure scenarios. Depleted uranium is approximately 40 percent less radioactive than natural uranium. Depleted uranium emits alpha and beta particles, and gamma rays. Alpha particles, the primary radiation type produced by depleted uranium, are blocked by skin, while beta particles are blocked by the boots and battle dress utility uniform (BDUs) typically worn by service members. While gamma rays are a form of highly-penetrating energy , the amount of gamma radiation emitted by depleted uranium is very low. Thus, depleted uranium does not significantly add to the background radiation that we encounter every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly, you seem to have managed to say something that makes sense up there, too... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

yeah, my bro-in-law is a highranking officer on the USS BUnker Hill. He was telling me about the dep.uran. rounds. Something about disposal that brought up some EPA concerns so they changed it. I'm pretty sure they are not lead but some other hi-tech metal now.