Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

American hotrod

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, Jan 24, 2004.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

west coast people American Hotrod on now

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

East coasters, it's on now too... DirectTv...

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Watching it here too. That 56 shoebox is going to be nice.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Pretty cool to watch them work. Makes me want to have a welder and get to cutting into that rusty cab that I was going to use even more. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Haven't seen that one yet. I hope that it isn't written using the same theme as Monster Garbage and West Coast Chumpers. I like watching cool custom fabrication, but those shows throw in WAY too much "human drama" (aka, look at what a$$holes we can be) that just makes me change the channel. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

I don't want to wait to see the finished product next week. I liked the old guy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Haven't seen that one yet. I hope that it isn't written using the same theme as Monster Garbage and West Coast Chumpers. I like watching cool custom fabrication, but those shows throw in WAY too much "human drama" (aka, look at what a$$holes we can be) that just makes me change the channel. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, This is going to be like American Chopper. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I think Jesse James is a sell out by doing that lame commercial for Auto Zone, I dont like Monster Garage either after they steered away from doing actual fabbing and sticking to the $$$ limit, now with all this "freebie" crap.. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Pretty cool to watch them work. Makes me want to have a welder and get to cutting into that rusty cab that I was going to use even more. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Better get Roy over to help. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Damn, Paul Sr was bench pressing almost 400lbs on AC today /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

was it really 400?? I thought they were heavy plates, but they are only 45 lbs'ers. But american Hot rod is cool. I keep forgetting it on though!! Missed half of the junk yard build up.

11. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Damn, Paul Sr was bench pressing almost 400lbs on AC today /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually put up 405lbs after his reps were done. When he said, "Not too bad for an old guy." That was 405, and no, that's not too bad for an old guy.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Wow did he really have 4 plates on each side?

Paul Sr. is a monster!!

13. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Yes, he really did.

14. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He actually put up 405lbs after his reps were done. When he said, "Not too bad for an old guy." That was 405, and no, that's not too bad for an old guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I saw the 4 plates per side, did the quick addition and thought DANG! 405 lbs!! 100 more than I can do..... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I think Jesse James is a sell out by doing that lame commercial for Auto Zone,

[/ QUOTE ]

Sellout? Who cares. I'd be willing to be they paid him quite nicely for his 10 second commercial...and that's all that really matters /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

I think Jesse James is a sell out by doing that lame commercial for Auto Zone,

[/ QUOTE ]

Sellout? Who cares. I'd be willing to be they paid him quite nicely for his 10 second commercial...and that's all that really matters /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Now that's the bottom line. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

17. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Nah, This is going to be like American Chopper.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ah yes, American Chumper was the other show that I was thinking about. They spend FAR too much of the show playing up the tension between dad and son. I would much rather see more of teh fabrication and less of the verbal sparring. I can get that here! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

18. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Nah, This is going to be like American Chopper.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ah yes, American Chumper was the other show that I was thinking about. They spend FAR too much of the show playing up the tension between dad and son. I would much rather see more of teh fabrication and less of the verbal sparring. I can get that here! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't mind the tension and arguing between those two goons if they eventually punched each other around once in a while, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Youre right about the fabrication tho' , they need to get back into doing actual work instead of directing attantion to each other. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif