Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

American Racing / OUTLAW II rims

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RATAH, Dec 22, 2002.

1. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

American Racing / OUTLAW II rims
    i can get a set for 200.00 maybe less
    are these rims good?
    there 15x10

2. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

American racing aren't that bad. 15" rims are pretty much the same, i think. But i cant see straight right now so i could be wrong.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Hell, if you like the way they look, I'd say go for it. I've had American Racing Wheels befor and liked them. Held up good, never broke on me. I had the Outlaw 1 rims.

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I have the same rims. I've been pretty happy with them. Good looks, and a decent price. My only complaint is the corrosion....but that will happen to all aluminum rims. I live in Wisconsin, and the road salt from the winter has put some corrosion/pitting on the rims....particularily on the flat surface where the lug holes are, and around the edges of the syling holes.
    Overall, though, I'd say get the rims...especially for that price. I'm planning on selling mine in the summer and hope to get $250-300 for them.
    Oh, yeah...one more thing...check the backspacing. When I ordered them from the tire store, they insisted on 4" backspacing even though I asked for 3 5/8". Well, when I got the 4" backspacing rims, the crimp on wheel weights hit my tie-rod ends. (stock 1/2 ton 10 bolt). So, I had to go with the stick-on-weights. Not a big deal, but the clearance between the rim and the tie-rod ends leaves something to be desired. Just something to look out for.