Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

American

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TheGeneral, Jun 26, 2002.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Those who don't know, the 9th Circuit appeals court declared for the first time Wednesday that reciting the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools is unconstitutional because of the words "under God" inserted by Congress in 1954. It has to make those of you in the western states proud of your politicians. WTFO ! I simply cannot believe it. Write every politician you know on this one. Absolutely unreal. It is not as if we are making our children recite it, but that it can't be recited. Now while I hate Flag burning as much as the rest of them, I support freedom of speech and if our high court is to determine that the freedom covers burning the flag then so be. We as American's have always been about protecting the one over the many, but the line must be drawn here. I am not a holy roller, nor encourage any one type of religion, but the justice who made this ruling has lost his/her mind. Sorry to rant, but after going to work today at 0500 and getting home at 2230 all in the name of service to my country, just set me off.

Steve, Grim, please don't pull this post, as I know garage is well read. Probably will post it on main forum too. Give it two days will ya? Thanks in advance.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

take a look in the offtopic section there is a big post about it

3. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

I don't have any thing good to say so I will just shut up.
    Man I i'am having a hard ttime doing it too.
    I will say I'am with you General. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

4. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Shannon,
    Yea I just got done repling on that post. My mistake, as the first thing I do when I get home from work is scan the Early Bird for tomorrow and this came up. Just has me way pissed. I might as well go back to work at this point because there will be no sleeping tonight. My temperature is at a boil. Need to go put some miles on the soles. Un-American my ass! Later.

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i understand your pain brother /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

6. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the land of the non offensive.